What type of vacation do you like?

/ What type of vacation do you like? #1  

jimmyj

Elite Member
Tractor
Allis Chalmers 616 (Two) and a Kioti CK30 HST with loader and backhoe
For about 30 years all my wife and I have done when we have time off work is stay home and work on one thing or another with the occasional day trip thrown in. There actually were two vacations we took, one just about 30 years ago when we drove around Quebec for a couple of weeks and 3 days we had in Vegas. All of my family take "sit at a resort by a pool and do nothing" type vacations in Florida or Cuba but that sort of thing doesn't appeal to me. But, that said I think it's time we started to see the world.

We both love history and I'd love to see Europe in particular, as long as we can keep busy seeing new things like historic sights or nature stuff.

So, are you the adventure / explore new places kind of vacationer , the stay home and get stuff done , or the spoil me with rest and relaxation kind of a person? Where was your favourite vacation?

/ What type of vacation do you like? #2  
For the last couple years my vacations have been to my Georgia property. We have been cleaning it up for the eventual retirement place. I have vacationed in Mississippi, Florida (I live here), California ( my mil lives there),Arizona, France (my wife was born there), Long island N. Y. (my birth place), and many others for a day or two. We visit historical places site see and sit around.

/ What type of vacation do you like? #3  
I think that you should do what you like, or think you like. My preference is a 7 day cruise in the Caribbean; although the one we took in Hawaii was great, and I wouldn't rule out an European cruise. The food is good, the bed is good, there is nothing more relaxing that sitting in the bar watching the waves and the ocean. The shore excursions are lots of fun, and we usually get home with lots of pictures and lots of trinkets. There is nothing like a week in paradise, sandy beaches, palm trees and tropical weather for a week to take the edge off of a nasty Winter.

/ What type of vacation do you like? #4  
My vacations are at home...just not getting up at 0300 for work is enough for me.

/ What type of vacation do you like? #5  
My wife and I did an adventure tour of Madagascar in the fall, it was fantastic! Never did anything like that before in our lives. Highly recommended for field naturalist types, go soon before there is nothing left.
diademedLemur.jpg

/ What type of vacation do you like? #6  
With today's modern amenities, big screen TV, air conditioning/heating, Amazon delivery almost instantaneously most of the allure of going someplace is diminished.

Besides the $200/ day or so for a resort stay can go towards IMPLEMENTS!

/ What type of vacation do you like? #7  
My favorite vacations are when SWMBO takes the kids to visit her family without me. The peace and quite, neatness, and productivity is a religious experience.

/ What type of vacation do you like?
Ha ha. Excellent answers so far. I love the European cruise and Madagascar ideas! I like how fellow TBN'ers are inherently practical though, cleaning up your place or purchasing implements sound very familiar!

/ What type of vacation do you like? #9  
What little vacation I take is used for deer hunting and doing work around the house. We used to go hiking and camping in the Adirondacks but that has stopped with more job responsibilities for both of us.

Will

/ What type of vacation do you like? #10  
I will take a week on the lake anytime I can get it.