What wattage for *cheap* electric demo hammer

/ What wattage for *cheap* electric demo hammer #1  

GeneV

Elite Member
Tractor
Bradley 48" stander MF GC1710
Hey guys, anybody got experience buying/using <$200 demolition hammers, like Vevor brand? My main question is what watt to get, I see 2200 watts, and 3500 watts.

Main usage will be to break up an old concrete post from a flagpole, that sort of thing, also to break up concrete blocks into smaller pieces to use as riprap by the creek.

/ What wattage for *cheap* electric demo hammer #2  
I bought a masonry drill from Vevor. Works good but who knows how they calculate watts ? For your purposes -
120 volts X 15 amps = 1800 watts
If you look carefully at the plug provided, I'll bet it's a 15 amp plug (as was mine)
If you've got a 20 amp circuit, you'd be up to 2400 watts, but still not the advertised 3500 watts and you'd need to change the plug. I don't know the gauge of their cord.
A 30 amp circuit would do it (for the big hammer), but the cord and plug provided would then not be suitable.
My drill was 50 cycle rather than 60 cycle used in America
All that said, I've purchased a couple of times from Vevor. Their products work, but expect like HF, you'll have to fix and adjust

/ What wattage for *cheap* electric demo hammer #3  
I bought a masonry drill from Vevor. Works good but who knows how they calculate watts ? For your purposes -
120 volts X 15 amps = 1800 watts
If you look carefully at the plug provided, I'll bet it's a 15 amp plug (as was mine)
If you've got a 20 amp circuit, you'd be up to 2400 watts, but still not the advertised 3500 watts and you'd need to change the plug. I don't know the gauge of their cord.
A 30 amp circuit would do it (for the big hammer), but the cord and plug provided would then not be suitable.
My drill was 50 cycle rather than 60 cycle used in America
All that said, I've purchased a couple of times from Vevor. Their products work, but expect like HF, you'll have to fix and adjust
50 hz things work on old welding machines. They are 50 hz.

/ What wattage for *cheap* electric demo hammer #4  
I have a 12.5 amp Bauer SDS MAX that I get a lot of use out of. It's lighter and more versatile than the bigger demo hammers but can still do most jobs. I paid about $180 but the new model is $360 which is more than I'd want to pay if I were to replace it.

/ What wattage for *cheap* electric demo hammer
Thx guys, I ordered from Vevor directly, got the 2200 watt model...$100 clearance price! Plus found a online coupon for 5 bux, so a super win!

/ What wattage for *cheap* electric demo hammer #6  
I have something similar. Worked for breaking up a concrete porch. Watch your oil levels and suggest you wear hearing and eye protection. I think you got as good a deal as anyone could get.

/ What wattage for *cheap* electric demo hammer #7  
I've never seen jack hammers or hammer drills sized by watts. Apparently they have 120 VAC and 240 VAC sizes. They can't have a 3500 watt on a standard 20 amp, 120 VAC circuit. Very odd to me. As far as the 50 Hz vs 60 Hz thing goes, you better get that right. Electrical equipment doesn't like running at the wrong frequency.

/ What wattage for *cheap* electric demo hammer
This thing worked great! I made music vid:

/ What wattage for *cheap* electric demo hammer #9  
$100 beats trying to pound that concrete out with a sledge hammer.