What's for supper???

/ What's for supper???
#2,441  
We went up the road to my cousin's place for Sister's 3rd birthday supper this week. {she is a party hog} Had a very nice spinach salad, then meatloaf, okra, cheesy broccoli casserole and potatoes with onions and hamburger meat. {I didn't find the deviled eggs until my 2nd plate} There was Neiman Marcus cake for dessert. It was all pretty good, but I liked the salad the most.

054.jpg057.jpg

/ What's for supper???
#2,442  
006.jpg

I stirred up some Chipolte Chicken Stir-fry for supper. Only 53 calories/100g. But I ate a slice of apple pie in a big bowl of ice cream, just to offset any good it did.

/ What's for supper???
#2,443  
008.jpg011.jpg

Everything in tonight's supper was at least in part from the garden. It was unstuffed peppers, peas, turnip greens and creamed corn. Plus Jalapeno poppers. Very good.

/ What's for supper???
#2,444  
004.jpg

Supper was mostly leftovers, but still very good. It was a ham and cheddar sandwich, acorn squash {with butter and brown sugar}, Chipotle chicken stir-fry, Armenian cucumber, squash and a couple of poppers.

Margie has just about perfected her popper recipe. Here it is {as of right now}

Bacon Topped Jalapenos

Ingredients

20 large jalapenos
1 cube Cream Cheese, Softened
1 cup Mexican Shredded Cheese
1 pound Thin Bacon, Sliced Into Quarters
Bar-B-Que Sauce

Preparation Instructions

Wear plastic gloves to prep your peppers... Cut jalapenos in half length-wise. Remove the seeds and white membrane (a teaspoon works great for this). Mix cream cheese and shredded cheese. Spoon cheese mixture into each jalapeno half. Top jalapeno with bacon pieces (1/4 slice). Top with a small amount of Bar-B-Que sauce. Use any extra pieces of bacon on larger peppers.
Bake on a pan with a rack in a 350-degree oven for 20-25 minutes. If, after 20 minutes, the bacon doesn’t look brown enough, turn on the broiler for a couple of minutes to finish it off.
Serve immediately, Can be frozen and reheated in microwave.

If you prefer crispy bacon cook bacon until nearly done and then top peppers with bacon.

/ What's for supper??? #2,447  
And no recipe to go with it? Is it the same thing as tortilla soup?

1lb ground beef
1-28oz can diced tomatoes
1-10oz can Rotel tomatoes
1-16 oz can kidney beans
1-16oz can pinto beans
1-16 oz can niblet corn (we use sweet corn)
1 package dry taco seasoning (choose your heat)
1 package dry hidden valley ranch dressing mix
1 small onion (we leave out. We don't like onions)

Brown ground beef. Drain stir in dry taco seasoning and ranch dressing. In crock pot add all ingredients. Stir. Cook on low 6-8 hours.

Serve with tortilla chips or Fritos (scoops). Cheese, sour cream if desired.

/ What's for supper???
#2,448  
1lb ground beef
1-28oz can diced tomatoes
1-10oz can Rotel tomatoes
1-16 oz can kidney beans
1-16oz can pinto beans
1-16 oz can niblet corn (we use sweet corn)
1 package dry taco seasoning (choose your heat)
1 package dry hidden valley ranch dressing mix
1 small onion (we leave out. We don't like onions)

Brown ground beef. Drain stir in dry taco seasoning and ranch dressing. In crock pot add all ingredients. Stir. Cook on low 6-8 hours.

Serve with tortilla chips or Fritos (scoops). Cheese, sour cream if desired.

One of the little old lady poll workers always brings this soup on Election Day. {the Civic Center, where I work is a polling place} I will go in early so I can have a bowl for dinner and for supper.

/ What's for supper???
#2,449  
Sausage and Pepper Jack sandwich, Jalapeno poppers, green beans, mixed veggies, squash {it didn't make it to the plate in time for the picture} and acorn squash.

Blue Bunny NSA Bunny Tracks ice cream with peanut butter granola. And just a touch of hot coffee to soften it up.

055.jpg

Attachments

• 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    1,007.8 KB · Views: 61
   / What's for supper??? #2,450  
Tonight was Tuna fish sandwiches and Fritos. Ashamed. :(