Comparison Whats the best non turbo 40Hp tractor for small farming?

/ Whats the best non turbo 40Hp tractor for small farming? #11  
Sounds like you're limiting yourself to only the 2 most expensive colors.

That's fine.

But don't think for a second that either of the big 2 won't ever leave you waiting for parts for a month. With the current craziness of supply and demand, anyone can have issues getting parts.
In 2018 I waited 6 months for a part for a 2015 case compact tractor. Not a single new or used in the US and had to wait for it to become available overseas. Apparently none there as well at the time.

/ Whats the best non turbo 40Hp tractor for small farming? #12  
Guess it depends on budget and dealer support. 4x4 versus 2wd etc etc.

I looked at a brand new MF 2607H, they make them smaller, the smallest one is basically a brand new MF 135. A real farm tractor built like the ones years ago. I'd also look at the Deere 03 series, think the 5103's are getting cheap, same deal, basic farm tractor.

Orange any smaller M series.

Red, personally I look for a CX50, 3220, 495 485 etc. Same deal, real farm tractor with some weight. Keep in mind this are all 25-35 years old now.

/ Whats the best non turbo 40Hp tractor for small farming? #13  
I'd probably look at the Kioti DK series

/ Whats the best non turbo 40Hp tractor for small farming?
Tractors don't come much more basic than your 30hp JD790. Consider just keeping it or looking for a larger hp - JD990 - version of the same.

What is it you like or don't like about the JD790?
Well, the garage I built for it end up a few inches too short after I added the canopy, so had to build another one and the sun and humidity got it burnt and rusted the outer parts such as the hood and sides and hoses, so had to replace the hoses and rebuild the hydraulic cylinders as the rubber basically shrunk or dried up anywhere the sun roasted it. Then the FEL started slipping off after I welded the bucket back together with plates and it ended up larger than originally, and working on finding a fix on that, and backhoe is a bear to take off and put on, especially with any rust on the bottom. It has 22 years of abuse by me, and showing it..

Guess it depends on budget and dealer support. 4x4 versus 2wd etc etc.

I looked at a brand new MF 2607H, they make them smaller, the smallest one is basically a brand new MF 135. A real farm tractor built like the ones years ago. I'd also look at the Deere 03 series, think the 5103's are getting cheap, same deal, basic farm tractor.

Orange any smaller M series.

Red, personally I look for a CX50, 3220, 495 485 etc. Same deal, real farm tractor with some weight. Keep in mind this are all 25-35 years old now.
Now there is my issue, I dont find any Mccormick dealers in Florida and few if any in Texas, maybe they are sold and serviced by independent shops, dont know..

/ Whats the best non turbo 40Hp tractor for small farming? #16  
What about a Kubota L4060 or L6060?

/ Whats the best non turbo 40Hp tractor for small farming? #20  
Now there is my issue, I dont find any Mccormick dealers in Florida and few if any in Texas, maybe they are sold and serviced by independent shops, dont know..

McCormick started out strong back in 2003 when it was a former CaseIH tractor built in a former CaseIH factory often being sold by current CaseIH dealer. Now they seem to be an orphan and sold by small independent or RV/sports dealers.

The older CaseIH stuff I mentioned still has support.

Guess I'm lucky to have ready dealer support for Kubota, MF, CaseIH, NH, Deere & Fendt locally.

2604H video.