What's this called?

/ What's this called? #1  

varmint

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B8200, then a Kubota L3130 HST, now a Kubota L3400 HST
Needing to move some heavy black walnut logs, destined for a sawmill (I hope) and realizing my loader couldn't lift them unless I bought a set of pallet forks, I decided to make a 3-point hitch attachment that will allow me hoist one end up with a chain. Using tube and plate scraps, and some 3/4" bolts I had, along with an old sway bar and clevis, I came up with this. What should I call it? I'll paint it when the weather is more suitable for spraying epoxy primer outside.
IMG_0871 (1).JPG
IMG_0870 (1).JPG

/ What's this called? #2  
Looks kinda like 3 point drawbar trailer hitches that I see online.
I like the center vertical support.
Could still use the whole thing as a heavy duty trailer hitch, though a ball would be mounted off-center.

I'd call it... heavy duty drawbar with clevis.

/ What's this called?
That's a good idea- another chain to take the "pull" load! I do have a trailer hitch on the back of my weight box, which I like for moving the trailer around. I did have some balls on the red drawbar, but never liked using it for trailers for some reason.

Attachments

• P1010909.JPG
    P1010909.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 118
   / What's this called? #5  
3 pt clevis hitch?

/ What's this called?
Aaron- that's it! I hadn't seen the Amazon one, or I might have modified my design a bit. As it was, the steel odds and ends I had around were just enough to do what I came up with.

/ What's this called? #8  
It looks like a home-made load leveler made out of an old 3pt draw bar and some scap. Used for lifting anything from logs to motor blocks where you need to easily make small adjustments when lifting at the center of two lifting chains. Small adjustments are necessary to keep the load level. Its missing the lifting chains.
Google load levelers.

/ What's this called? #9  
They aren’t the same design, but the implement designed to lift the butt of the log for skidding is called a logging arch.

/ What's this called? #10  
I know it as a log dog.