What's Your Favorite Sandwich...???

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #1  

/pine

Super Star Member
Was exchanging message with the widow lady across the river and the subject of sandwiches came up...I really miss many of the deli and specialty shop sandwiches I grew up being able to get and the isolation of the virus crap has only made some of the food memory cravings intensify...

Up here in the mountains of N.E. GA...the best sandwiches are (IMO) BBQ and made with "outside meat"...(if you ask for it and they don't acknowledge it...find another BBQ joint!)...

Being from the coast of W. central FL...I really miss fresh Grouper sandwiches...and just as much the authentic Cuban sandwiches along with the Greek Gyros (pronounced 'yhearoh')...

My go to at home or a greasy spoon is a grilled cheese with bacon and tomato...

In many cases the roll or the bread makes a big difference in how well a sandwich tastes...

Sandwich tip of the day...grow sprouts and use in place of lettuce etc...much better flavor and healthy...

bone appetit

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #3  
steak and cheese toasted......

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #4  
cooter

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #5  
Another vote for Reuben. Amazing what some places pass off as that.

Also, anything with roast beef or steak.

Sometimes I like a sandwich all loaded up, but much of the time I like just (tasty) meat and bread.

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #6  
I like a tuna melt, but back home this pizza place did a hoagie pizza steak, haven't had one of those forever. It's like a philly, but has pizza sauce and pizza cheese, you could get it any way with any toppings.

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #7  
A truly good reuben is hard to beat. Also a good pastrami on rye. However, if you've spent any time in the Northeast, a lobster grilled cheese takes them all.

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #8  
Having lived in Virginia mostly since the early 1970's, I have had plenty of occasions to ram around North Carolina,, always sampling barbecue sandwiches,,

Well, I hate to admit it,, but,,,
I can now beat the NC 'que sandwiches, with my Insta Pot!! :eek:

It is hard to believe,, and it only took about 3 trial runs to perfect what we like.

When the family hears that I am making 'que,, they ALL show up to help dispose of it,,, :D

If I could find a good Insta Pot recipe for hush puppies,, I would be set!! :laughing: :licking:

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #9  
For me, it's two sandwiches. The first would be a well-made pastrami sandwich with tender meat, soft and fall-apart tender, and the right amount of fat still attached for flavor. Add some super extra hot, burn your nose horseradish on warm, not toasted Jewish rye bread.
The next is a good Philly steak sandwich with grilled onion, mushrooms, made with high-end meat and nice melted provolone cheese.

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #10  
Reuben, Chicken fried steak, French dip, Smoked Brisket, BLT. Eat a lot of chopped ham fold-overs also.