What's your shovel?

/ What's your shovel? #1  

sea2summit

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1860->25D, MX5800, M4D
I've got a few rogue tools and like them a lot. Recently my goto shovel had an unfortunate incident between a tree and my tractor:eek: It wasn't anything great, just the best I could judge the big box store had.

Looking for some quality shovels, recommendations? USFS shovel worth it or the way to go?

/ What's your shovel? #3  
Bought SWMBO a stainless shovel, really slick and not much sticks to it and very easy to clean, bit expensive to buy of course.
Every silver lining has a black cloud.

/ What's your shovel? #5  
Here’s mine. IMG_4564.JPG

/ What's your shovel? #6  
A landscaper friend only has steel handle shovels for his crew. I broke an Ames brand fiberglass one a while back and they sent me a replacement which has a steel handle so I recommend Ames.

/ What's your shovel?
Yard sales or Goodwill/Salvation Army stores. :thumbsup:

Believe me I keep a sharp eye out:D

Pretty sure the wife is going to cut me off if I bring home one more "built a hundred years ago, good for another hundred" tool:rolleyes:

/ What's your shovel?
I have a half dozen cheap around the property so I'm never far from one. I buy whatever is on sale, or a good 2nd hand one.

But my serious shovel for real work is a Fiskars.

Amazon.com : Fiskars Long Handle Round Point Steel Digging Shovel : Shovel Handle Replacement : Garden & Outdoor

Bruce

That's essentially the one I busted. It had seen the so many miles (over more than eight years, probably more than 10) the fiberglass was actually beginning to delaminate:thumbsup:

/ What's your shovel?
A landscaper friend only has steel handle shovels for his crew. I broke an Ames brand fiberglass one a while back and they sent me a replacement which has a steel handle so I recommend Ames.

Doesn't wear on your hands?