Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #1  

Donkey Mom

Tractor
1988 massey ferguson 253
Broke the hydraulic lines to left front steering cylinder. Fluid drained out and of course the wheels didn’t turn. Had to take the lines and cylinder off and have lines made. Put it all back together and now the wheels will turn right and left but they seem to slide in the dirt and the tractor doesn’t turn. I know this sounds crazy. The wheels turn right and left and the tractor will continue to go straight. Any ideas at all

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #3  
My guess is that somehow during working on it you hit the differential lock which locks your rear differential so both back wheels turn at the same speed not allowing the little front tires to turn the tractor.

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #4  
Differential lock on my Massey has to be held down to stay engaged...

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #5  
Broke the hydraulic lines to left front steering cylinder. Fluid drained out and of course the wheels didn’t turn. Had to take the lines and cylinder off and have lines made. Put it all back together and now the wheels will turn right and left but they seem to slide in the dirt and the tractor doesn’t turn. I know this sounds crazy. The wheels turn right and left and the tractor will continue to go straight. Any ideas at all
You are absolutely right. This sounds crazy. If the tractor won't turn as the front tires tell it to, then something totally unrelated to fixing the hydraulics and steering issue is involved. Resisting the temptation to make wisecracks and jokes, I have no idea what it might be. Obviously we are all missing some key piece of information.

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #6  
You didn't by chance raise the front end with the loader did you?

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #7  
You didn't by chance raise the front end with the loader did you?
Surely you do not mean the possibility that the loader is still down almost supporting the front end and skidding along the ground straight ahead ignoring the tire angles ? If that was it, the OP may die laughing before he can post an answer !

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #8  
Reach down and pull up the diff lock.

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #9