When Your Wife Has The Answer

/ When Your Wife Has The Answer #1  

MoKelly

Jefferson County, Mo, ... about 35 miles out of St
Tractor
Bobcat CT235, Bad Boy z-turn, Suzuki Vinson 500 and F-150
I hate when this happens.

I have a CT235 I use primarily for mowing, hogging, mowing and hogging. I clean the radiator screen evey time. It is lots of fun.

Last Sunday, I was mowing and then put the FEL on for some rock moving (for my wife's project). At the end of the day, I went to clean the radiator screen and couldn't get it out ... it hits the FEL arms. I am muttering to myself about "stupid design" and "can't believe you have to remove the FEL to clean the screen" and "I'm hungry" when my wife comes over and asks what is wrong.

I tell her.

She looks at the tractor, looks at me, looks back at the tractor and says "can't you just lift up the bucket and then slide it out"?

Duh.

Like I said, I hate when that happens.

MoKelly

/ When Your Wife Has The Answer #2  
Best thing to say..I love you hon..thanks,as she gain little distance from you than mutter..you'll feel better. ;)

/ When Your Wife Has The Answer #3  
I hate when this happens.

I have a CT235 I use primarily for mowing, hogging, mowing and hogging. I clean the radiator screen evey time. It is lots of fun.

Last Sunday, I was mowing and then put the FEL on for some rock moving (for my wife's project). At the end of the day, I went to clean the radiator screen and couldn't get it out ... it hits the FEL arms. I am muttering to myself about "stupid design" and "can't believe you have to remove the FEL to clean the screen" and "I'm hungry" when my wife comes over and asks what is wrong.

I tell her.

She looks at the tractor, looks at me, looks back at the tractor and says "can't you just lift up the bucket and then slide it out"?

Duh.

Like I said, I hate when that happens.

MoKelly

:eek::ashamed: stop beating yourself up.....We need to let them think they are a big help to us all the time. Otherwise we would have to do everything ourselves!;)

/ When Your Wife Has The Answer #4  
Moving this thread a little but has anybody came up with anything to brush off the screen with. It clogs up 2-3 times an hour this time of year with the Bushog, I keep thinking about a giant toothbrush or something like it.

/ When Your Wife Has The Answer #5  
Moving this thread a little but has anybody came up with anything to brush off the screen with. It clogs up 2-3 times an hour this time of year with the Bushog, I keep thinking about a giant toothbrush or something like it.

Yes I though of something and I have been looking for one but here in Georgia in the summer it is hard to find. I will look this winter...

Remember the scrapers they made with a long brush on the end for scraping ice off of your windshield ? Those things were at least 2 ft. long as I recall..Seems to me that would be just the thing...the brush on the end.

/ When Your Wife Has The Answer #6  

I have the same issue when using the bushog this time of year. I tie a hand held leaf blower to my ROPS. When the screen or hood becomes clogged I stop fire up the leaf blower and blow the hood and screen clear of debri, don't even need to turn the tractor off.

/ When Your Wife Has The Answer #7  

My machine has a mechanical lock to prevent the loader from falling if there is a hydraulic failure. I would not stand under the loader without this feature.

/ When Your Wife Has The Answer #8  
My machine has a mechanical lock to prevent the loader from falling if there is a hydraulic failure. I would not stand under the loader without this feature.

I have only seen these on industrial machines, our AG machines do not have this feature. I have not been able to figure out why,:confused2: other than they (whoever they may be?)may expect you to remove the loader on the AG tractors and the Industrial tractors usually do not have a quick removal loader set up.

/ When Your Wife Has The Answer #9  
I use an old dirt tracking trick. Hang a small light weight chain from the top of my screen. I have it spaced out so is just touches the screen. This allows it to swing back and forth as the tractor moves. It keeps most of the big stuff off.

/ When Your Wife Has The Answer #10  
There's a reason women are good at that sort of thing you know.

All that practice loading kids, their sports equipment, the family groceries, and grandma's recliner in the car or van all the time.