Where can I find ready made bushings?

/ Where can I find ready made bushings? #1  

dex3361

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm
I am getting ready to make a grapple for my FEL and the only issue in my way is what to use for bushings on the pivot points? I know I could use something like black pipe but I would think it would be to soft. I do not have a lathe so I want to stay with what I can make work by purchasing the right ID. Any help from the TBN brain trust would appreciated. Thanks.

/ Where can I find ready made bushings? #3  
Have you looked at DOM tubing?

I have had good luck with this for bushing that I drill and tap a grease fitting. Local I have trouble with small amounts (less than 10ft) but I have ordered from Speedymetals a couple times. Below is the link to the round tube. The DOM tubing does not have any welds in the inside and you can get different thicknesses.

https://www.speedymetals.com/s-204-round-tube.aspx

/ Where can I find ready made bushings? #4  
I am getting ready to make a grapple for my FEL and the only issue in my way is what to use for bushings on the pivot points? I know I could use something like black pipe but I would think it would be to soft. I do not have a lathe so I want to stay with what I can make work by purchasing the right ID. Any help from the TBN brain trust would appreciated. Thanks.

Timkin bearings makes some real nice bushings available with most common id and od's That is what Bobcat uses for their backhoe boom bushings.
Ken

/ Where can I find ready made bushings?
I knew I could count on you guys, thanks. I appreciate all of the input.

/ Where can I find ready made bushings?
Thanks Jim