Tires Where do you buy yours?

/ Where do you buy yours? #1  

RadarTech

Elite Member
Tractor
2007 Kubota L3400, YANMAR YT359C
Well folks,
I just had the thread about air filters, and as I think about the rest of the tractor.....

The 2 front tires are fairly worn.. alot more than the rears....

and it is MY FAULT....

The reason it is my fault is because I leave it in 4 wheel drive on my driveway... Even though part of it is paved..

It is steep and the few times I took it out of 4x4 mode, slowing down just did not feel right......

So with the issue aside of bevel gear wear, I risk the tire wear...
Thought was that the tires would wear more than the bevel gears would....

SO---
Where do you buy your AG tires???

thanks,
J

/ Where do you buy yours? #2  
Well folks,
I just had the thread about air filters, and as I think about the rest of the tractor.....

The 2 front tires are fairly worn.. alot more than the rears....

and it is MY FAULT....

The reason it is my fault is because I leave it in 4 wheel drive on my driveway... Even though part of it is paved..

It is steep and the few times I took it out of 4x4 mode, slowing down just did not feel right......

So with the issue aside of bevel gear wear, I risk the tire wear...
Thought was that the tires would wear more than the bevel gears would....

SO---
Where do you buy your AG tires???

thanks,
J

Sounds like you're having withdrawls from your seat time.:laughing:

Get well soon.:thumbsup:

/ Where do you buy yours?
Sounds like you're having withdrawls from your seat time.:laughing:

Get well soon.:thumbsup:

Boy howdy. Hmmmm. As I respond from the crackberry I have to admit I was thinking
Of a "joy ride" Earlier. 2 neighbors said they would really like me to help with..
But alas the cramps relegated me to riding over and saying hi in the pickup!!

So tomorrow is the big dr visit day. And we'll see what they say.

Anyway I am off to the rack.

But where do you buy your tires? I will post a pic of miine tomorrow..

Later,

J

/ Where do you buy yours? #4  
Boy howdy. Hmmmm. As I respond from the crackberry I have to admit I was thinking
Of a "joy ride" Earlier. 2 neighbors said they would really like me to help with..
But alas the cramps relegated me to riding over and saying hi in the pickup!!

So tomorrow is the big dr visit day. And we'll see what they say.

Anyway I am off to the rack.

But where do you buy your tires? I will post a pic of miine tomorrow..

Later,

J

Haven't bought any yet. My tractor came with mounted duels, an unmounted extra rear tire, a mounted extra front tire, and an unmounted extra front tire. 5 extra tires. Plus my existing front tires are foam filled so I probably wont change them until they start falling off the rims.:laughing:

Here's a pic from right after I brought it home.

Attachments

• JD_003.JPG
    JD_003.JPG
    433.6 KB · Views: 173
   / Where do you buy yours? #5  
My local rural tire store was able to get me new front industrial tires for a Kubota B21. I think they were about $60 mounted with tubes.

Good Luck with the Doc today.

MarkV

/ Where do you buy yours?
dcyrilc--- AHHH the pain the agony, all that green.. and the spare tires..... ahhhh...arrgggg :confused2:

just kidding...

Mark-- thanks man...
hmm.. I'll call ole K road...
see what they say....

Then I wonder if I have brand X on the rear does it matter if Brand Y is on the front?

thanks,
J

/ Where do you buy yours? #7  
I have tires of different makers on three of my tractors without problems. I buy mine from a local tire store, not hard to find in farm country. They have service trucks and come out to install. I need some too and will be going with Firestones.

/ Where do you buy yours? #8  
My local Firestone dealer has been great to work with and gets most of my tire business. :thumbsup:

/ Where do you buy yours? #9  
How many hours on your tractor??? and are they R4 (Ind.) or R1 (Ags) Just make sure the tires are the same size as the originals...

/ Where do you buy yours? #10  
dcyrilc--- AHHH the pain the agony, all that green.. and the spare tires..... ahhhh...arrgggg :confused2:

just kidding...

Mark-- thanks man...
hmm.. I'll call ole K road...
see what they say....

Then I wonder if I have brand X on the rear does it matter if Brand Y is on the front?

thanks,
J

On a vehicle I would worry about have the same tire left and right, but now so much front to rear. On a tractor, unless you're planning on a lot of road time in high gear, I wouldn't worry about it as long as they are the same size on both left and right. I wouldn't give front to rear a second thought.