Where do you stand ?

/ Where do you stand ? #21  
Personally, I don't jive with Indian giving. You let me walk off with a good deal & its shame on you, not me. I don't think there is anything morally wrong with getting a good deal. I do however, think there is something wrong with renigging on a deal, honest mistake or not. IMO, once the money changes hands thats their **** problem to work out. They handled it by trying the easy, more lucative option first... Calling you and seeing if you'd go easy. If you had caused a stink then they would have had to bite the bullet & call the other guy.

/ Where do you stand ? #22  
D7E, you dont mention how much business you've done with the dealer before this. If this was my first dealing with them it would raise my distrust meter greatly, which is already pretty high for anybody new I'm dealing with. The worst part is tractor dealers aren't on every street corner like McDonalds, so you're options are limited. At the very least they should have offered to pay for your fuel since you were already on the road.

I would take the tractor back, but I would also look to see if it was really sold or they just didn't want to let it go that cheap.
It's good that in the long run you ended up happy, but I would still be cautious in dealing with them in the future.

Oh and one last thing. You bought new toys and we haven't seen any photos yet? How sad :(
Wedge

/ Where do you stand ? #23  
This kind of thing happens with reasonable regularity. Your attitude is good. You got another and better combine, or at least one you like better and life goes on.

Your salesman inadvertently showed you and "sold" you a machine he did not know was already sold. It happens with multiple sales people offices. There is rarely a game involved, unless the dealership is totally without scruples, in which case, you dodged a bullet anyhow.
Any doubts, pay the $20 fee and stop payment on that check, but it seems unnecessary.

I have had real estate agents take my offer and deposit only to find out that another offer had been tendered prior. If this was an honest circumstance, there is no violation of your "contract". That combine no longer existed as a for sale unit. Your offer/contract was nullified by the previous sale. End of story. Enjoy your new red one!!

/ Where do you stand ? #24  
I would write a letter to the dealership's owner /gm explaining what happened clearly stating in the letter that sales guy x called and cancelled the transaction. Cheaper than a stop payment order and lets everyone invoved know your side.

/ Where do you stand ?
D7E, you dont mention how much business you've done with the dealer before this. If this was my first dealing with them it would raise my distrust meter greatly, which is already pretty high for anybody new I'm dealing with. The worst part is tractor dealers aren't on every street corner like McDonalds, so you're options are limited. At the very least they should have offered to pay for your fuel since you were already on the road.

I would take the tractor back, but I would also look to see if it was really sold or they just didn't want to let it go that cheap.
It's good that in the long run you ended up happy, but I would still be cautious in dealing with them in the future.

Oh and one last thing. You bought new toys and we haven't seen any photos yet? How sad :(
Wedge

It was a JD dealer a couple of hours away and had never dealt with them before and probably never will again . Did'nt like the cocky salesman at the time ?