Where is my Mid mount pto?

/ Where is my Mid mount pto? #1  

Jeff Lary

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2950
I have a 1995 L2950 4wd,
My dealer was answering a question for me and said " the drain plug is above and to the left of the mid pto". At that point I found the drain plug I was looking for. I asked him what the pto looked like as I could not see any thing that looked like a pto to me. He told me it was under a kind of shroud and did not look like the rear pto, and it attached in a different sorT of way than the rear does. I am very confused, how do you attach to it and what does it look like when you do? I was to embarresed to admit I still did not see what he was talking about. Can someone explain how and where the Mid pto is and how you attach a front snowblower to it for exempel.:confused2:

/ Where is my Mid mount pto? #2  
On some tractors a mid-PTO is optional. Might yours not have that option?

/ Where is my Mid mount pto? #3  
On my L3010 the mid PTO shaft is covered with a grey shroud that looks like a short beer can, maybe a little smaller in diameter too, pointing forward. It is held on with one nut on a stud which is through an ear at the base of the shroud.

/ Where is my Mid mount pto?
Thanks I will have to really take a closer look.

/ Where is my Mid mount pto? #5  
On mine it was an option and it has it's own lever. Do you have any levers to turn it on?

/ Where is my Mid mount pto?
Not that I have seen I just assume that when I engage my Rear pto that the Mid would also engage.

Last edited:
   / Where is my Mid mount pto? #7  
It might just be one lever that has two positions. If lever is forward rear PTO only @ 540RPM, middle PTO off lever pulled back would engage both mid (@2500 RPM) and rear (PTO @960RPM). That is how it was on my previous tractor. Or it is always possible that you don't have a mid-pto