Where to add weights to rear of tractor that has no wheel mounting holes for weights

/ Where to add weights to rear of tractor that has no wheel mounting holes for weights #1  

Zebaz

Tractor
IH 2424
I need to add substantial weight (500+ lbs) to the rear of an International 2424 in order to have enough traction to use the front end loader to dig out a pond and move all the dirt. The tractor wheels do not have holes for mounting weights. The tractor already has a 500 lb box scraper and liquid in the tires and that is still not enough weight to give the traction to keep the rear wheels from spinning with a loader full of dirt.

Any idea on how much weight I can add to the box scraper in the form of suitcase style weights?

Can I add weights to the rear axle maybe by bolting them to the empty mounting holes on the rear axle as shown by the yellow arrows in the attached image?

Tractor rear end-1.JPG

/ Where to add weights to rear of tractor that has no wheel mounting holes for weights #2  
Looks like you could fabricate a mount for weights. But then I don't know what all fastens to rear housing.

As for adding weights to the BB, again, build a mount/rack and add weights. Can't see how that wouldn't work.

/ Where to add weights to rear of tractor that has no wheel mounting holes for weights #3  
A pound of ballast hung on the rear blade is worth more than a pound on the axle.

/ Where to add weights to rear of tractor that has no wheel mounting holes for weights #4  
I've used steel disks , originally made for unknown reasons, as ballast , mounted to the rear axle. I used about 300 lbs . Remember, however, that wheel weights don't put the extra strain on rear axle bearings and the axle housing that axle weights do. Some way of bolting weights to the wheel rims lets the tires carry all of the extra weight. I wonder if anybody has successfully cast reinforced concrete wheel weights , and bolted them
to the wheel rims ?

/ Where to add weights to rear of tractor that has no wheel mounting holes for weights #6  
I once saw in the Yanmar forum, concrete weights molded into rear wheels. Each wheel was laid flat and covered with layers of heavy plastic or tarp or something to make a little clearance so the concrete wouldn't stick and could be slid out when needed. Bolts were mounted on the wheels for attachment points. And likely some rebar should be molded into the weight. Then a 'dam' was made around the lugnuts and around the valve stem, then the wheels were poured full. Note the weight of each finished unit = the weight of sacks of concrete used so no need for elaborate calculations.

There's something really interesting here now. The contractor who harvests this apple orchard has a MF 203 with forks in place of a front bucket ... and in back, heavy cast iron fenders!