Where to check hydraulic oil?

/ Where to check hydraulic oil? #1  

Docwatson

Tractor
I bought an old Mahindra 2810 tractor with loader at auction. It seems to have a hydraulic fluid leak, so I need to figure out a couple of things. The rear PTO is inoperable. I followed the procedure for turning it on, and the switch and dash light light up. I shift the lever to the left of the operator's seat, and turn the switch to "manual," but nothing happens. I think the tractor is low on hydraulic oil, so I added five gallons of hydraulic oil to it, but still nothing happened. Here are the questions: Where can I check the fluid level for the rear PTO? I see a white plastic plug where I added the hydraulic oil, but I see no dip stick. Where should I look for it? I am told there is a viewing glass which shows the fluid level on some models, but where do I look for it?

/ Where to check hydraulic oil? #2  
I bought an old Mahindra 2810 tractor with loader at auction. It seems to have a hydraulic fluid leak, so I need to figure out a couple of things. The rear PTO is inoperable. I followed the procedure for turning it on, and the switch and dash light light up. I shift the lever to the left of the operator's seat, and turn the switch to "manual," but nothing happens. I think the tractor is low on hydraulic oil, so I added five gallons of hydraulic oil to it, but still nothing happened. Here are the questions: Where can I check the fluid level for the rear PTO? I see a white plastic plug where I added the hydraulic oil, but I see no dip stick. Where should I look for it? I am told there is a viewing glass which shows the fluid level on some models, but where do I look for it?
This is an older thread but I was wondering if any of these members can help.

/ Where to check hydraulic oil? #3  

It shows a 2638 but it might be the same with pictures.

BTW, us Mahindra owners are the orange-headed stepchildren here. Hope you find this a helpful place and when you find something that could help another, please post it on the post link above.