Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher?

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #1  

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
5 years ago I paid almost $900 for a very nice, super quiet, KitchenAid dishwasher. For the first two years, we loved it. Washed and dried great and you couldn't hear it when it was running. Then it started making noise during certain cycles. Nothing real bad, just something that we could hear that we didn't hear before. Then the quality of the wash deteriorated. We checked the filters and didn't find anything. Then the dishes where not coming out dry. At 3 years I discovered a leak that had been going on for some time. We had standing water under our cabinets and they began to warp. The fix was a $8 bushing, but now my cabinets are damaged. The quality of the wash just has gotten to the point that my wife is having to wash dishes before putting them in the dishwasher, or not even bothering to use the dishwasher. It's pretty much worthless right now.

I think I got this link from a thread on here awhile ago, but I don't remember where it came from for sure.

The No. 1 most reliable appliance brand in America, according to Consumer Reports - MarketWatch

It lists LG as being one of the top brands to buy. I've had great luck with LG and I'm leaning towards buying a LG dishwasher. But we really didn't like what we saw at Lowes today. Bosch really impressed us, and they seem to be a top brand according to the link. Not so much on the Lowes reviews, where it seems to have a lot of negative reviews.

I've searched other review sites and they all seem to love Samsung, but I've had horrible luck with Samsung. I really want to avoid them if I can.

My thought is that the review sites that I'm reading are all the same. Reading a lot of reviews, I'm also seeing that they are the exact same review as I saw on another review site.

Is there a website that has good, reliable reviews of what the better brands and models are?

Everything is on sale right now, so we're wanting to buy as soon as we can find something that we feel will last longer then our last one did.

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher?
5 years ago I paid almost $900 for a very nice, super quiet, KitchenAid dishwasher. For the first two years, we loved it. Washed and dried great and you couldn't hear it when it was running. Then it started making noise during certain cycles. Nothing real bad, just something that we could hear that we didn't hear before. Then the quality of the wash deteriorated. We checked the filters and didn't find anything. Then the dishes where not coming out dry. At 3 years I discovered a leak that had been going on for some time. We had standing water under our cabinets and they began to warp. The fix was a $8 bushing, but now my cabinets are damaged. The quality of the wash just has gotten to the point that my wife is having to wash dishes before putting them in the dishwasher, or not even bothering to use the dishwasher. It's pretty much worthless right now.

I think I got this link from a thread on here awhile ago, but I don't remember where it came from for sure.

The No. 1 most reliable appliance brand in America, according to Consumer Reports - MarketWatch

It lists LG as being one of the top brands to buy. I've had great luck with LG and I'm leaning towards buying a LG dishwasher. But we really didn't like what we saw at Lowes today. Bosch really impressed us, and they seem to be a top brand according to the link. Not so much on the Lowes reviews, where it seems to have a lot of negative reviews.

I've searched other review sites and they all seem to love Samsung, but I've had horrible luck with Samsung. I really want to avoid them if I can.

My thought is that the review sites that I'm reading are all the same. Reading a lot of reviews, I'm also seeing that they are the exact same review as I saw on another review site.

Is there a website that has good, reliable reviews of what the better brands and models are?

Everything is on sale right now, so we're wanting to buy as soon as we can find something that we feel will last longer then our last one did.

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #4  
Eddie,

Sorry, the best dishwasher is already taken. I married her 35 years ago! :D

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #5  
Eddie,

Well I read all I could and just installed a Bosch and it is quiet and so far we love it only been a few months so far though....

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #6  
Bosch from 2005 still performing like new. Absolutely no complaints with it.

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #7  
I know this isn't in the scope of your question regarding review sites, so ignore it if you want. :)

Do you have a water softener, and is your dishwater fed soft water? That made all the difference for us and our dishwashers that would gradually stop doing a nice job. The orifices were gradually getting plugged with lime and calcium.

Also, our current dishwasher is about 1 year old, low-end Bosch unit with few features. However, it is the quietest dishwasher I've ever heard, and does a really nice job. Only drawback is it doesn't have heat dry, but if I run the thing before I go to bed, the dishes, silverware, glassware, etc... are all dry. The only things wet are the plastic containers and lids.

Good luck in your search. :thumbsup:

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #8  
Bosch from 2005 still performing like new. Absolutely no complaints with it.

I’ve had my Bosch since I built my house in 1994. Also no complaints.

Adjustments.jpg

When it packs it in I will probably get something like this...

IMG_1147.jpg

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #9  
Also over 10 years on a Bosch without problems.

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #10  
Eddie,

Well there must be at least two of the "best" dishwashers around.
From what little I have seen/learned here on TBN of Eddie's wife, he has a first class (best) model also!