Which brands have more metal, and which brands have more plastic?

/ Which brands have more metal, and which brands have more plastic? #51  
My X740 JD is 11 years old no issues with hood cracking.

Attachments

• Ford Truck 181.jpg
    Ford Truck 181.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 207
I'd say you are careful with it then.

/ Which brands have more metal, and which brands have more plastic? #52  
The engine compartment side panels on my old Deere skid loader were composite, and were still like new, albeit with faded paint when I sold it.
Kind of typical (paint fade). My Kubota's have faded from orange to Mary Kay pink.

/ Which brands have more metal, and which brands have more plastic? #53  
Which brands have more metal, and which brands have more plastic? This question is inspired by the "What Did I Purchase?" thread.

I like metal. Many of the plastic parts in tractors, especially newer ones, I'm picturing just a few years down the road, cracked and broken. It's one of the several priorities I felt when last shopping.

What do you think???
I looked at a Deere 1 series subcompact. Everything green was plastic except for the loader arms. Floorpan was also plastic. Passed on that, they were also the most expensive. Massey GC have a metal floorpan, hood, and grill. The rear fender is plastic

/ Which brands have more metal, and which brands have more plastic? #54  
I was at my BIL's farm the day the new 9xxx JD combine was delivered, it was one of the first ones made,
The local JD rep was there, he opened the BIG side panel towards the back of the machine,

Then he explained how JD had decided the panel was to be made out of soybean oil,,
that had come from a USA farm and harvested with a JD combine.
I thought my BIL was going to flip,, he thought the panel was supposed to be steel.

The rep told him the panel had a lifetime warranty, if they EVER broke it, JD would replace it free,
My BIL calmed down after that,,

The rep probably told him that, just to calm him down,,,

/ Which brands have more metal, and which brands have more plastic? #55  
PowerTrac has no plastic. No thin sheet metal either. All plate steel. The entire machine. I can stand on it anywhere, including the engine cover and canopy.

20 years of rough abuse on mine. Not one dent.

My Ls mt225s is all metal

/ Which brands have more metal, and which brands have more plastic? #56  
Mahindra uses almost all metal. But eventually metal will rust. Not sure if that is better than plastic for non-structural parts. In any case, I chose based on weight, tire size, axle size, etc., not on body materal.

/ Which brands have more metal, and which brands have more plastic? #57  
I had a 2006 Kubota BX that had plastic hood and fenders that did have issues with cracking and minor fading. I now have a 2008 New Holland T2220 with plastic hood and fenders that has had zero issues with cracking or fading. Both tractors were/are stored indoors when not in use.

I'm actually surprised that I've not broken a fender as i'm always dragging windpacked snowdrifts in my ditches in the winter. Like most things, there's better and worse quality of things.

/ Which brands have more metal, and which brands have more plastic? #58  
Both side covers on my new Kubota round bailer are some kind of plastic or structural plastic, not sure which. Hope they are mouse proof...lol

/ Which brands have more metal, and which brands have more plastic? #59  
I had a 2006 Kubota BX that had plastic hood and fenders that did have issues with cracking and minor fading. I now have a 2008 New Holland T2220 with plastic hood and fenders that has had zero issues with cracking or fading. Both tractors were/are stored indoors when not in use.

I'm actually surprised that I've not broken a fender as i'm always dragging windpacked snowdrifts in my ditches in the winter. Like most things, there's better and worse quality of things.
Give them time, they will fade. Has to do with UV light and the new water based coatings.

/ Which brands have more metal, and which brands have more plastic? #60  
Which brands have more metal, and which brands have more plastic? This question is inspired by the "What Did I Purchase?" thread.

I like metal. Many of the plastic parts in tractors, especially newer ones, I'm picturing just a few years down the road, cracked and broken. It's one of the several priorities I felt when last shopping.

What do you think???
Our 'new' Massey has flimsy plastic/fibreglass fenders. Brittle as anything. Replaced it once, now just put piece of metal there. I much prefer metal.