Which grapple? Landpride vs EA vs MTL for Kubota L3560LE

/ Which grapple? Landpride vs EA vs MTL for Kubota L3560LE #21  
The pics showing the rod extension is enlightening. Thank you. Regardless of which grapple I get, I plan to be very careful engaging the ground (if at all) after reading all these helpful comments. Seems like a stump bucket or something similar would be better for digging things out.....
I read here a lot, but don't post much... This one, I will, because I bought a 72" MTL Extreme grapple a couple of years back. That version is probably too heavy for smaller tractors, but I found this implement to be an excellent value and well constructed. Their welds are quite good, and frankly I might well tear up the loader before I did damage to their fine work. I have (carefully) picked up very heavy tree sections (I mean large diameter trees that barely would fit) and worried more about the tractor/loader than the MTL itself. Bottom line, digging with a grapple on a tractor is not a good idea in general, but I can attest to the quality of MTL implements (at least the version I bought). Not bad mouthing the other offerings at all, by the way. But...if I personally needed another implement and MTL offered it, I would buy it. Regards, and stay safe if working, or just playing (the tractor and physics don't know the difference...).

/ Which grapple? Landpride vs EA vs MTL for Kubota L3560LE #22  
Adding to the posts by 2manyrocks, with a L2501 I think you're between saving some bucks with the MTL RG7 at $1700, it gives you 60" width but it weighs 530lbs.

Or the EA Wicked 55", which weighs only 240lbs yet can probably take the most abuse at $2500.

The 3rd option is the Landpride SGC0660 60" which is approved for the L tractors and price is hard to find online but should be approx $2200-2500 and I can only find one post listing weight at a surprisingly light 260lbs... that would need verification.

These grapples are different designs each with their own specialty. The MTL RG7 is the independent grabbers with the long lower teeth for carrying, the Wicked 55 is a toothed clamshell with the short reinforced root rake type lower teeth, the SGC0660 is a no-frills clamshell with no teeth and no extra gussets.

Most other options are either too light weight or too expensive for an L2501. For example the EA Wicked 60" is $3450 and the Land Pride SGC1060 is also around $3500...

/ Which grapple? Landpride vs EA vs MTL for Kubota L3560LE #23  
have you looked at Armstrong Agg i have their cheapest BRG mini which is made for 20 to 35 hp tractors on my 7000# beast and have beat on it a lot tearing huisache trees up to 6" out of the ground. I got the MINI to be the weak link so that i tear up a $2000 grapple and not my $9000 FEL. and it has worked so far. I bent the heck out of the grapple doing some thing i should not have done but the portapower fixed it. tree puller would probably be a better option for pulling trees.

Attachments

• CARNAGE.jpg
    CARNAGE.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 108
  • die huisache die.jpg
    die huisache die.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 106
  • fixed.jpg
    fixed.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 100
   / Which grapple? Landpride vs EA vs MTL for Kubota L3560LE #24  
I’m surprised that nobody mentioned the importance of the type of steel used. Good quality grapples uses AR400 steel which is stronger and lighter than average steel. It’s phenomenally hard to bend them. I have short bottomed tines and have absolutely no issues grappling slash, brush, longs, or rocks. I just open wide and grab the load from the top. Longer bottom tines wouldn’t help at all with brush clearing or pushing piles. In my opinion, it’s restricted to just carrying materials.

/ Which grapple? Landpride vs EA vs MTL for Kubota L3560LE #25  
Yes - the same here Aquamoose. I got the Land Pride SGC 1560 because it DOES have short tines and has proven to be tougher than nails. At the time, the fact that it's constructed of AR400 steel meant nothing to me. However - I suppose that helps also.

That's the same technique I use - open wide and come at it from the top - down.

/ Which grapple? Landpride vs EA vs MTL for Kubota L3560LE #26  
Here's a tbn post I made on the subject 4 1/2 years ago. Wow, how time flies!!

Which Grapple Guide

Concerning strength.. Can't hide WICKED!!

To see how we enjoy our business and interact with the EA Family daily... FYI, it's some business mixed with frequent fun.

EA Channel Group

I hope this helps.
Travis

/ Which grapple? Landpride vs EA vs MTL for Kubota L3560LE #27  
I haven't owned a lot of grapples in my life (1) but I am totally AR when it comes to researching. The internet is a curse to me.

I spent a lot of time researching grapples. A lot.

I bought a Wicked(er) 55 for many reasons. Strong, lightweight, Company rep, well-designed, etc, etc.

I've only had it a few days but I like it. And no, I'm not an EA groupie. I like them. A lot. The reason I like them is because they're good businessmen and they're honest and they make good stuff.

1657721753877.png

/ Which grapple? Landpride vs EA vs MTL for Kubota L3560LE #28  
I have a LandPride Grapple, I love it.
It was available at the local dealer, convenient, specific to my tractor, and I could eyeball it prior to purchase.
No shipping, waiting, delivery issues.

/ Which grapple? Landpride vs EA vs MTL for Kubota L3560LE #29  
   / Which grapple? Landpride vs EA vs MTL for Kubota L3560LE #30  
Travis,

Are they made of AR400 steel?
The flat steel on all of our rake style Wicked Grapples is Hardox AR450, and we also use it where needed on the longer bottom models.

Also, the Wicked 55 and Wicked 60 features this horizontal Hardox channel which greatly increases it's ability to smooth while back dragging, and obviously also increases the Wicked grip ability.
Travis

IMG_20220601_130115_136s.jpg

What's so special about Hardox?

AR450pics.jpg