Which Zero turn to buy????

/ Which Zero turn to buy???? #11  
I looked at reviews too , to see what model you were looking at. Seems people love them or really hate em. Did you look at reviews over on Lawn Site.com.?

Look to be nice machines. I don't think if I'd be afraid of it. If it looks well maintained and the owner seems like he's "not" giving you bull.

/ Which Zero turn to buy????
The Cub is being sold by the dealer who originally sold it. Probably right about the non-transferable warranty. I will ask about the first owner, but getting correct information is iffy. The machine doesn't appear to have been "fixed", at least the idlers and drive belts mechanism, which is what one owner complained about on the Lawnsite- appear original. Other than an oil change (at least I hope so!) I don't think it was serviced (152 hours). Hard to tell about the blades- they're okay but not newly sharpened. Non of the normal wear surfaces show anything but dust and stray grass clippings. Seat is like new. It was stored indoors, from the looks of it. I plan to go back and find out more first of the week. I just saw it when I was looking at another mower, and decided to try it. When I looked it up later, it became more interesting.

The Husky, being new, would be factory perfect?

Last edited:
Update- in looking at the Cub Cadet again, and asking about it, buying it made more sense. The first owner was a young guy starting a lawn service, who purchased it in July, 2015. He traded for a more serious Exmark after doubling the number of lawn clients last year. It is VERY clean, top and bottom, with what look like new blades! The guy took fastidious care of it (young owner, just one mower, just one operator). They would have transferred the original warranty to me had it been registered as "residential" but since it was "commercial, that was only 2 years, not 4, and it is over.

Very happy with it- mowing is light years better, and faster, than with our old 42" Husky garden tractor. Only downside is noise: the blades suck the grass up, which makes for a perfect cut, but noisy. No problem with ear plugs, but my wife needs them too, if she's close by.
Might even post a photo!

(The dealer is primarily a Kubota dealer, and doesn't seem to have much used equipment for sale, and certainly doesn't promote it... that's good for used buyers, since an almost new mower was about half original price. What they do have is stored in a small garage, out of sight unless you ask.)

/ Which Zero turn to buy???? #14  
One thing nice about first owner getting rid of it soon is he knew was beat. Finding out it was too small. Good luck with it. They look nice.

Update- we did buy it, they delivered it along with a full set of filters, spark plugs, etc. for a complete future service. I found that our mowing time was basically cut in half (if I slow down and do a careful job, then instead of 2 1/2 hours just over an hour) and the cut is better: the 3 blades really suck the grass up before cutting. I am glad we went with the 48" deck, since anything wider would cause clearance problems and uneven mowing over rough ground as the deck spanned dips and rises.

I also learned that since this mower is so heavy and powerful, if I hit something it gets whacked, as before the mower just bounced off it. FWIW, after I got it home and went all thru it, I was very pleased with just how clean and unused it was- I would have to blow it off, wash and dry it after each use to keep it so nice! The noise issue was solved by a good new set of headphone style hearing protectors. The old Husky garden tractor sold easily, as well, so all is good.