/ Who doesn't despise trolls? #42  

Jstpssng

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301
My tractor won't start.
HELP!
------------------------
What kind of tractor? How does it not start?
------------------------
Red. and that's what I'm asking for help about.
-------------------------
...etc...

:D

Bruce
“My tractor won’t turn over”. After multiple questions and attempts to help, we finally determine that it cranks; aka, turns over, but doesn’t fire. Since it’s a diesel that discovery leads us down a completely different rabbit hole, and all previous attempts to help are null and void.

Here’s a perplexing one for me. Last night as I was shutting the computer down, somebody sent me a message asking for help with a part #, as I had mentioned we had a Ford 4400.
I was tired and didn’t respond, in part because I happened to be headed for my mother’s house today, where the manual is.

I now have a shop manual for 2000,3000, and 4000 series Fords in front of me; but can’t find where he asked me the question! Can you delete a message to somebody after sending it, the way that you do a thread you start?

/ Who doesn't despise trolls?
OP
J

jaxs

Elite Member
Tractor
841 ford,MF65,Cub Lowboy,,Ford 600
“My tractor won’t turn over”. After multiple questions and attempts to help, we finally determine that it cranks; aka, turns over, but doesn’t fire. Since it’s a diesel that discovery leads us down a completely different rabbit hole, and all previous attempts to help are null and void.

Here’s a perplexing one for me. Last night as I was shutting the computer down, somebody sent me a message asking for help with a part #, as I had mentioned we had a Ford 4400.
I was tired and didn’t respond, in part because I happened to be headed for my mother’s house today, where the manual is.

I now have a shop manual for 2000,3000, and 4000 series Fords in front of me; but can’t find where he asked me the question! Can you delete a message to somebody after sending it, the way that you do a thread you start?
Never tried it but if the rug can be jerked from beneath an entire community it likely can be jerked from under an individual member.

/ Who doesn't despise trolls? #44  

Xfaxman

Super Star Member
Tractor
Toolcat 5610 G - Bobcat V417 - TORO+Loader
Click the message envelope at the top of the page.
Screenshot 2022-08-11 08.55.41.png

I looked at an old PM I had sent and did not see any way to delete it.

Last edited:
   / Who doesn't despise trolls? #45  

Jstpssng

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301
Click the message envelope at the top of the page.
View attachment 757928
I looked at an old PM I had sent and did not see any way to delete it.
I did that but it wasn't there. When I posted last night I only had my phone... when I got home tonight I used my history to find his message again. He's trying to find the part number for his fuel pump filter, so of course I never thought to bring the manual home with me. I still don't know where it is though, as it's not in my messages. I can only get there via my history. :confused:
You are right about deleting them though... I still have messages from 2009 in there which I thought were long gone.

/ Who doesn't despise trolls? #46  

kevin37b

Veteran Member
Tractor
john deere
Is this kindergarten , or a nursing home ?