Who made my box blade?

/ Who made my box blade? #1  

IndyIan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SE HST
I got a 7' HD box blade but its been painted so I don't know who made it? Land pride's HR35 looks close so maybe its an old mechanical scarifier bar version?
It has spring assists to lift the scarifier bar but I need some chain to hook them up and I'm not sure how it would work anyways? Pull the lever and the bar snaps up and then have to get off the tractor and stand on the bar to get the scarifiers down again?
Right now I just run the scarifier bar down on the minimum depth and it works well that way.
IMG_1867.jpg

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1858.jpg

/ Who made my box blade? #3  
Kinda looks like a gannon, painted land pride brown:D

/ Who made my box blade? #4  
Whatever it is, it looks nice! :)

It doesn't look too hard to add a hydraulic cylinder to make the scarifiers hydraulic??? Then it'd be the cat's meow :)

Last edited:
   / Who made my box blade?
I don't think its a gannon as every picture I find of them has a square main tube, but it looks very similar otherwise. Maybe they did a round model at one time?
I think for now I'll hold off on the hyd. scarifier control, it seems to work good with hyd. top link as I have since taken off the handle so I can now tilt the front down more and get the scarifiers to really bite if I need them too.
Who ever repainted it even used primer but that brown paint isn't very good or they put it on in one fat coat... Seems to chip off far to easily but I didn't pay extra for the paint so whatever.
Overall though I'm glad I waited for a HD box blade to turn up, it really can move some dirt!