Who makes a good wrench roll?

/ Who makes a good wrench roll? #1  

gsganzer

Elite Member
Tractor
L3800 w/FEL and BH77, BX 2200 w/FEL and MMM
All the wrench rolls I find are too short to fully cover the 1 1/4 and 22mm wrenches and the wrenches slide out. Does anyone make a decent one, preferably canvas , oiled/waxed canvas?

Or maybe I have a tarp maker make me one. Anyone have experience with doing that?

/ Who makes a good wrench roll? #2  
   / Who makes a good wrench roll? #3  
My wife stitched up two wrench rolls for me. One for the larger - one for the smaller wrenches. Made out of old Jeans material. Made in 1985 and still working great.

/ Who makes a good wrench roll? #4  
When I bought a set of Sunex angle wrenches up to 32mm (1-1/4") they came in a cloth-fabric tool roll. Perhaps the roll is available separately.
I have a number of home-made (custom?) tool rolls that were not that difficult to make (wife has good sewing machine). Grey one has failed at one corner (lousy QC?) Awning companies are a source of reasonably priced remnants. They undoubtedly could also sew them but may be unwilling or too expensive.

Attachments

• ToolRoll01.jpg
    ToolRoll01.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 119
Last edited:
   / Who makes a good wrench roll? #5  
Check Dickies. One showed up in my facebook feed recently.

/ Who makes a good wrench roll? #6  
Sad, most are plastic, and not worth a crap. Certainly worth even less than that in the Canadian COLD.

Probably not something they want to spend a lot of money on, since many will just go in the garbage.

/ Who makes a good wrench roll? #7  
Old Post with no recent update.

I do not own a Tekton tool roll or pouch, but I have bought Tekton tools andtherefore get e-mails from time to time. Today (3/3/23) they announced updated tool sets including tool rolls that accept up to 32mm (1-1/4"). Roll-Up Wrench Storage Pouches | TEKTON | Free Shipping

/ Who makes a good wrench roll? #8  
Make your own (have your wife/girlfriend make it). A yard of canvas, 4-6 inch strip of softish leather as long as the roll (if you want longevity), and a sewing machine. I made a wrench roll for keeping on my boat, so it wouldn't ding the fiberglass like a metal toolbox or slide around like plastic. sew in some paracord or shoe laces to tie it when rolled up. Lay out the wrenches to figure the width, add a few inches for the pockets to accommodate the tools & trim the top to fold over & hold the wrenches in place when rolled up so they don't slide out the top. Once you have the dimensions, it just a matter of hemming & sewing the pockets to separate the wrenches. Custom roll. I sprayed the leather & canvas with WD40, but you could wax the outside as well if you want. Probably beeswax & mineral spirits or kerosene would work.

/ Who makes a good wrench roll? #9  
My two wrench rolls - post#3 - hold my smaller Snap-0n wrenches and my larger ProTo and Mac wrenches. You can tell the most used wrenches. It's the slots that have had the bottoms sewn shut more than once.

/ Who makes a good wrench roll? #10  
I bought a set of wrenches from 1 3/8 to 3" that came in a roll. Nearly need a dolly to move them around.

Somebody who can sew should be able to make one out of canvas. It's not rocket science.