Who rides motorcycles?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,291  
In October I went to visit my oldest in Detroit. Going up I stopped in PA, going down I had to do it in a day. Just tooting my horn, the bike and myself combined age is 103 years :)

Congratulations. I'm not sure if I could still do that, but I'm sure I wouldn't enjoy it. When I was still in my 20s, 500+ miles was a long day.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,292  
Several times a year I make the trip from Texarkana TX to Peoria IL. It's about 675ish miles each way. Typically that is straight through trip with only fuel and a food stop. I enjoy the challenge of a long day on occasion. The ride to work this morning was a brisk 27F. Makes me really appreciate heated grips and a heated seat.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,293  
Several times a year I make the trip from Texarkana TX to Peoria IL. It's about 675ish miles each way. Typically that is straight through trip with only fuel and a food stop. I enjoy the challenge of a long day on occasion. The ride to work this morning was a brisk 27F. Makes me really appreciate heated grips and a heated seat.

Peoria, Illinois. Brings back memories. Lived there from Kindergarten thru 8th grade.

MoKelly

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,294  
Peoria, Illinois. Brings back memories. Lived there from Kindergarten thru 8th grade.

MoKelly

I moved there with a full time National Guard unit back when my kids were little. Now they have kids and I am out of the military and on to a corporate job. It's an okay place :thumbsup: if you can overlook the whole Illinois politics thing. :thumbdown:

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,295  
In October I went to visit my oldest in Detroit. Going up I stopped in PA, going down I had to do it in a day. Just tooting my horn, the bike and myself combined age is 103 years :)

Curious what your bike is? And I promise not to subtract its age from 103. :)

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,296  
Curious what your bike is? And I promise not to subtract its age from 103. :)

The Red one :) 1973 frame with 1978 SuperSport Engine, forks and wheels.

The Blue is 1970.

Attachments

• IMG_2205.jpg
    IMG_2205.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 71
   / Who rides motorcycles? #1,297  
I,ve got my Yamaha Vmax up for sale, and just got a request to purchase from New Zealand. Patiently waiting for the cash to be delivered to my driveway. LOL

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,299  
question for the off-road guys.....

CRF3L Rally > The Dirtbike for Thrill Seekers

(Honda CRF300L Rally if that doesn't work).

you'd want a less rigid frame/swingarm because....... it helps a basic suspension maintain ground contact ?

Rgds, D.

Yes, as a matter of fact. Once Upon A Time the belief the more rigid the frame the better the handling and faster one could go. Then engineers succeeded in making the rigid chassis and riders hated it, could not go as fast. Lost feel.

Honda built their first production aluminum fram SX motorcycles in 1990’s but Jeremy McGrath their championship winning rider didn’t like it. Couldn’t/wouldn’t race it. So for a while they disguised his steel framed machine on which he won more championships.

To this day KTM, Beta, and others stick with steel. Aluminum swing arms but steel frames.

In GP racing there is a lot of fiddling to get chassis and swingarm flex just right.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,300  
I,ve got my Yamaha Vmax up for sale, and just got a request to purchase from New Zealand. Patiently waiting for the cash to be delivered to my driveway. LOL

What year is your VMax? I had a 94 first gen and now have a 2016 parked in my barn. I got busted up a bit in an accident with an SUV so it hasn't been ridden for almost 2 years. Did you end up selling yours?