Who rides motorcycles?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #501  
Beautiful day riding from Bozeman to Jackson via Yellowstone and Grand Teton. Yes there was some snow overnight but roads were dry. Didn't really get to explore Yellowstone but the drive was spectacular. I actually preferred the scenery in Grand Teton at least from the road. IMG_0400.JPGIMG_0377.JPG

/ Who rides motorcycles? #503  
Looks good. The Tetons are spectacular. And you can't go throuhg YS and not see Old Fathful. Glad you missed riding in the snow. I don't know if you like gravel, but there's a nice gravel road that goes fro DuBois down to Pinedale, if you are headed that way. If you get back on a northeast track, get up top on beartooth pass, and post a picture. Enjoy!

/ Who rides motorcycles? #505  
I drove from Jackson WY to Vernal UT today. Wonderful ride. Ranch lands in WY and very interesting and pretty mountains and gorges in northeast Utah. Flaming Gorge is worth a 30 mile detour off I-80 if you're ever in the neighborhood. Basically I was on Rt 191 from Yellowstone all the way to Vernal UT. I'll post photos in a separate post as they are not on my iPhone yet.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #506  
I drove from Jackson WY to Vernal UT today. Wonderful ride. Ranch lands in WY and very interesting and pretty mountains and gorges in northeast Utah. Flaming Gorge is worth a 30 mile detour off I-80 if you're ever in the neighborhood. Basically I was on Rt 191 from Yellowstone all the way to Vernal UT. I'll post photos in a separate post as they are not on my iPhone yet.

Looks like your living it up on that trip I.T..! Thanks for posting the pics. Did you ever look up the Transamerica Trail? I think it was you who I was discussing it with. Not sure you'd want to get that pretty bike dirty though!

/ Who rides motorcycles? #507  
Looking good IT! Nice pics. Clear blue skies. Depending on how far south you go, highway 50 across CO and KS, is a lot more enjoyable than I-70..

/ Who rides motorcycles? #508  
Looks like your living it up on that trip I.T..! Thanks for posting the pics. Did you ever look up the Transamerica Trail? I think it was you who I was discussing it with. Not sure you'd want to get that pretty bike dirty though!

Piston I did look up the Transamerica trail. Two issues. First is that it is for some unspecified reason only a East to West trail. I didn't look into that more carefully and the warning seems bizarre but it was repeated several times in the website I looked at. Second reason is that I need to travel about 300 miles a day or the locks will be changed by the time I reach my home. SWMBO has been very generous to give me the time to do the trip but going off pavement would slow the trip down too much.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #509  
Looking good IT! Nice pics. Clear blue skies. Depending on how far south you go, highway 50 across CO and KS, is a lot more enjoyable than I-70..

I'll be on Rt 50 at least from Canon City CO until Dodge KS. After Dodge I may drop down to 160. Depends on what traffic is like on 50.

Plan today is to visit the Dinosaur National Monument and then get myself to either Carbondale or Hotchkiss CO. Hope to drive over Independence Pass on my way to Canon City Wednesday.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #510  
Honda ST1300 is my current ride,
First bike was a Kawasaki KC100, in Europe.
The an assortment of 125's,
Then up to 500cc's,
Finally ended up of a GS850 with windjammer fairing.
Then got my V65 Magna(I should never have watched that superbowl game in '83)
Honda V65 Magna motorcycle commercial (1983) - YouTube

College kid took that one out from underneath me on the highway, replaced it with an 85 V65.
Hotrodded that V65, full stage 3 race engine with nitrous. Still have it, but blew the transmission... But that was one wicked ride......
Went to an ST1100-getting older
Upgraded that to an ST1300- Needed more power
Sold the ST1300 when I bought my new house, I was a tad short on cash at the time.
Fell into a retired Police ST1300, still have it, but the alternator is currently having an issue. On my list of things to do.......