Who rides motorcycles?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,531  
I left last Thursday for the VA Moto Guzzi rally at Willville on the Blue Ridge Pkwy.

Packed and ready to go.

Taking a break at an overlook on the BRP.

The rally.

It was a nice ride down through WV to get there and back, and riding around on little VA roads Friday and Saturday was a blast.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,532  
I left last Thursday for the VA Moto Guzzi rally at Willville on the Blue Ridge Pkwy.

Packed and ready to go.

Taking a break at an overlook on the BRP.

The rally.

It was a nice ride down through WV to get there and back, and riding around on little VA roads Friday and Saturday was a blast.
As a former Guzzista, there is something about the styling of the bikes that really appeals to me. I've been wanting a V85 since they came out. Nice ride there man.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,533  
Thank you blacktruck. Get one, at $13K new including luggage, cruise, tubeless wheels (2021+) shaft drive, etc. they're a pretty good value. I have other motorcycles but this one just seems to be the one I ride most of the time.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,534  
I've posted photos of my other Ariels on here before so now it is the turn of my 1950 NG. This is a single cylinder, 350 cc machine. It certainly won't go up a long, steep hill in fourth gear but puttering around the backroads on it is a lot of fun. Speeds of 50 - 55 mph are comfortable but much more than that makes it feel like the motor is forcing a bit too much for a 72 year old machine. In the background of the photo is my relatively new, 50 year old International tractor.View attachment 751390
LOVE your Ariel.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,535  
As a former Guzzista, there is something about the styling of the bikes that really appeals to me. I've been wanting a V85 since they came out. Nice ride there man.
Where are the SP1000 photos? Sexy bike.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,536  
   / Who rides motorcycles? #1,537  
1982 FLHT Shovel and a Yamaha ttR225 recently spun the crank on my shovel so til i get it fixed my Yamaha will do for trips to the store and just to let the neighborhood dogs have something to chase

Attachments

• Ben's mc.JPG
    Ben's mc.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 55
   / Who rides motorcycles? #1,538  
The wife and I have both been finding time to enjoy our two wheels this summer.

Mine a Yamaha FZ09
Hers Yamaha R3

Attachments

• D958F761-01B0-4075-B1E3-8371025E3DCD.jpeg
    D958F761-01B0-4075-B1E3-8371025E3DCD.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 57
   / Who rides motorcycles? #1,539  
It looks like a number of new motorcycles will soon be discontinued, due to compliance issues with European emissions standards.
Well at least the Big four will have input and agree on a swappable battery architecture that will have a standardized design.

I think that is a better and more preferable way of approaching all electric bikes than having the EPA or like EU governmental agency mandate something they themselves are not capable or well versed in with all that is involved.

At least with Yamaha (a leader in high power light motor design) and the other motorcycle manufacturers input it likely will be a well thought out reliable system.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,540  
Well at least the Big four will have input and agree on a swappable battery architecture that will have a standardized design.

I think that is a better and more preferable way of approaching all electric bikes than having the EPA or like EU governmental agency mandate something they themselves are not capable or well versed in with all that is involved.

At least with Yamaha (a leader in high power light motor design) and the other motorcycle manufacturers input it likely will be a well thought out reliable system.

That could be. I don't see how swappable batteries are a logistically feasible solution in the US. It only seems relevant to long distance touring, and I would think the demand is too sparse and spread out to expect conveniently placed battery stations across the country.

I've been riding Honda Goldwings since the mid-eighties, and they are on the chopping block. Their auto transmission model *might* be able to survive.

My 2012 still seems new to me, and it only has 20k miles. It might be my last Goldwing. ☹️