Who rides motorcycles?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,541  
My V Twin Rotax powered Buell 1125R will always provide a more visceral riding experience than an electric moto

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,542  
My V Twin Rotax powered Buell 1125R will always provide a more visceral riding experience than an electric moto
I think electric will be neat but,
Agree.
It just is not going to inspire and make the heart beat jump and rate increase like a well tuned engine..
Every time I opened up my old Z 1000 or this new 900 I am smiling ear to ear. I can't imagine even carrying a 100+ foot wheelie on a new electric will give the same experience, something will be missing... without that exhaust scream and intake howl.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,543  
I think electric will be neat but,
Agree.
It just is not going to inspire and make the heart beat jump and rate increase like a well tuned engine..
Every time I opened up my old Z 1000 or this new 900 I am smiling ear to ear. I can't imagine even carrying a 100+ foot wheelie on a new electric will give the same experience, something will be missing... without that exhaust scream and intake howl.
Motorcycling, to me, has always been an activity that called on all of my senses. It’s not numb like driving a cage. It’s not sterile, or quiet.

People who ride mopeds will love electric motos. People who love motorcycles will not. It will be “neat”… but your “freedom”, will be interrupted by short ranges, charge times, and planning those stops.

When I ride, I rarely have a plan. I rarely have a destination. It’s just me, the bike, and the freedom of the road. That will be lost when you have to stop often, recharge, and plan for these stops.

Ill keep my ICE bikes, ride past those stuck on chargers, and blot out their silence with a race tuned ECM and track use only exhaust 😂

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,544  
Motorcycling, to me, has always been an activity that called on all of my senses. It’s not numb like driving a cage. It’s not sterile, or quiet.

People who ride mopeds will love electric motos. People who love motorcycles will not. It will be “neat”… but your “freedom”, will be interrupted by short ranges, charge times, and planning those stops.

When I ride, I rarely have a plan. I rarely have a destination. It’s just me, the bike, and the freedom of the road. That will be lost when you have to stop often, recharge, and plan for these stops.

Ill keep my ICE bikes, ride past those stuck on chargers, and blot out their silence with a race tuned ECM and track use only exhaust 😂
yeah Visceral.

This sub 1000cc ride had to get the heart pumping.

H2R

Take that electric motorcycle!

Great quote under the vid

"This bike is perfect for the beginners! Must buy..."

Last edited:
   / Who rides motorcycles? #1,545  
It looks like a number of new motorcycles will soon be discontinued, due to compliance issues with European emissions standards.
Why discontinue models in Asia and America, such as the Goldwing, just because they don’t meet European regulations?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,546  
Why have ethanol in fuel? Why must we buy electric vehicles? Don't get me started.

Now back to motorcycles.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,547  
Why discontinue models in Asia and America, such as the Goldwing, just because they don’t meet European regulations?

I would guess that it's a marketing decision. I don't know what percentage of their sales is in Europe, but it must be significant. I don't *think* they would throw away good profit for no reason.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,548  
M/C sales are way down, since their heyday in the 70's

But is Honda really cancelling the Goldwing? Built since 75?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,549  
M/C sales are way down, since their heyday in the 70's

But is Honda really cancelling the Goldwing? Built since 75?
Last I heard the manual may go but DCT production will continue.