why 6 days for 2-3 day mail?

/ why 6 days for 2-3 day mail? #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
had someone mail me a priority package yesterday ( dec 2 ) . It actually hit the post office counter yesterday before lunch. They used priority ( 2-3 days )

The delivery date on the receipt is tuesday dec 8. we are both in the lower 48...

WTF???

/ why 6 days for 2-3 day mail? #2  
had someone mail me a priority package yesterday ( dec 2 ) . It actually hit the post office counter yesterday before lunch. They used priority ( 2-3 days )

The delivery date on the receipt is tuesday dec 8. we are both in the lower 48...

WTF???
That's what you get for living out in the sticks. :laughing:

/ why 6 days for 2-3 day mail? #3  
Christmas

/ why 6 days for 2-3 day mail?
That's what you get for living out in the sticks. :laughing:

If I lived in the stix, maybee.. but I don't. I'm central in the state. Good infrastructure here.

I could understand it if I lived in the middle of a forest or in alaska and had to ferry over to the mainland once a month to packup and bring back water and sunshine and 30 days of bread and rice to survive.. but that's not the case. The sender is in an industrial area, so they have even BETTER infrastructure.

I'm now callong the 'post office' the 'post orifice' refering to the quality of their output... it's truly unacceptable.

A month ago I had a package mailed from me in central florida to central georgia. sent insured with tracking, priority. It was lost, actually off the tracking between jacksonville and atlanta for 8 days. All said and done after opening an investigation into it, it was lost over 2 weeks.

Part of the contents were a postal money order.

All said and done I would have been out the postage to send priority plus extra services, the cost of the money order, plus the cost to initiate tracking of the money order ( yes, they charge you a fee to start looking for their lost stuff! ) then wait a couple months to get the face value back in the mail , meaning that I would, in the mean time, have to pay for another money order plus money order value, to complete my transaction, that was at that point a couple weeks cold.

to top it all off, near the end of the ordeal after 12 days had passed, the people involved between my post office, jacksonville, and atlanta declared it completely lost and they had no clue if/when it might ever show up.

After it magically showed up, I got an email asking me to fill out a survey on how my issue was handled. asked for my contact info and all. I wrote a detailed and semi polite letter concerning the issue and expected a reply. even ended with a 'thank you',

nada.. nothing. not even a 'go pound sand'

AS far as I'm concerned the post orifice could collapse tomorrow and I could care less. UPS/FEDEX are much more capable...

If I did my job that badly, I'd hope someone would set me straight... but simply put .. I couldn't show up to work every day and screw up and still keep my job.. I'd be fired for running like the post orifice...

/ why 6 days for 2-3 day mail?
Christmas

lame excuse..... might as well blame it on the phase of the moon.

it's 2015.. how long has the post orifice been doing this? shouldn't they BY NOW have some sort of plan on what to do i more mail shows up?? And since the schedule of christmas is 100% predictable.. they could/should plan for it.

better answer:

they are inept and unable to do their job well.

/ why 6 days for 2-3 day mail? #6  
Christmas has nothing to do with it. I've had the same thing happen to me with a payment that I wanted delivered quickly and with tracking. It was only going one state over and normal delivery was 2 days. 6 days later my "priority mail" package shows up.

If I have something that HAS to be somewhere, I go to FedEx and pay the outrageous price there.

/ why 6 days for 2-3 day mail? #7  
It is much the same here. The P.O. is another useless goobermint organization.

/ why 6 days for 2-3 day mail? #8  
At this time of year I find mail takes quite a lot longer, that's the reality.

/ why 6 days for 2-3 day mail? #9  
Hey soundguy, how is your mail service otherwise? I usually have good service for 2 day stuff, but daily mail is a joke. 4 years and I still get prior owners mail, even after multiple requests to the postmaster. I've taken wrong mail in and had it delivered back to me the same day. God forbid they have to walk a package to the door. Just curious.

/ why 6 days for 2-3 day mail? #10  
Cant really count sunday, so technically 5 days.

Where is the package coming from?