Why are people in Indianapolis going postal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #361  
I've bought, traded, and sold so many guns over the past 40 years that even I don't know what I've owned. The last time that I sold one privately though was in 1994; it was a Taurus .357 which I had purchased, fixed the broken front sight and sold to somebody in the next town. A month or so later in that same town a woman was found dead from a gunshot wound from a .357... I was rather out of sorts until I found out that a cop had killed his GF with his service revolver. Since then I've either traded, sold to a gun shop or had that same shop sell them on consignment.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #363  
You Mainers are all gun nuts anyway................
Just the northern part of the state. The southern third is more like Boston or Washington DC...

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #364  
Was going to say that but didn't. Remember one of my longtime friends lives just west of Bah Habar....lol

Cabbage this year btw.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #365  
One good thing about Mass and that is their Mass-Pass (easypass) transponders are free. I have 4. Only thing I can think of. If there are more, please let me know........ :p

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #366  
I know many people are concerned about a registration list being used to eventually confiscate firearms. I'm more concerned with firearms getting into the hands of people that shouldn't have them than I am of the government knowing I purchased a new firearm in the coming years. They wouldn't know about any of my old ones, or the other approximately 400,000,000 guns already in private hands, until they are sold to others.
You just made my point. The Government would HAVE to know about EVERY firearm or else the universal background check law would be ineffective and could not be enforced.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #367  
Several times we've been forced off the highways into the south side of Chicago due to car accidents. No other way out. Not all that bad if you just keep driving and mind your own business. I'm way more cautious in Gary. Detroit was surreal.

Reminds me of the scene from National Lampoon Vacation movie when Chevy Chase gets lost in the inner city. Wondering around in their station wagon heading on vacation.

Bad thing was - in the movie it was East St. Louis where they got lost!

MoKelly

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #368  
You just made my point. The Government would HAVE to know about EVERY firearm or else the universal background check law would be ineffective and could not be enforced.
Do keep in mind that the government can be as selective or non selective as they deem necessary.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #369  
Do keep in mind that the government can be as selective or non selective as they deem necessary.
Yes, they have certainly proved that recently.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #370  
Let's not forget utterly incompetent at keeping information secure at times as well (e.g. OPM hack) .......between leakers, hackers and plain old incompetence I've gotten to the point I'm generally not willing to provide any more information than is absolutely necessary to anyone.

...and that's before getting into the corruption or willful disregard for the laws. A few years ago the BATF rescinded the use of a concealed carry permits as an alternative to a NICS checks here in Alabama after it was discovered that (at least) some county sheriffs' office(s?) were issuing concealed carry permits without doing the background check (which was/is required by Alabama law) -- and the offending entities have yet (to my knowledge) to be made public which means the voting public can't hold them accountable.

Which just begs the question: if they can't/won't do the job they're already employed to do, why should they be given any more authority?

Status
Not open for further replies.