Why are people in Indianapolis going postal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #261  
Unless you are a Zombie tuned into MSM, it's hard not to go mental with what's happening in our world.
You oughta see what this is like with 2 of my kids in college.....I mean WOW, what they are going through is not something I would wish on any of today’s utes

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #262  
Poor swedes, danes, dutch, and so many other "democracies", butchered in mass by their own brutal dictators and not able to stand up to the oppression because they can't buy guns at the convenience store with not more than a smile.

The problem is not having a gun culture as much as having a sick gun culture. This will never change in the US, in my opinion.
The reality is our country was founded on firearms, and even the development of our land after we gained our independece as a new nation was built with firearms as well.

At the end of the day, the United States has really been a violent society as a whole.

I've owned guns pretty much all my life. Never had to shoot at anyone as a civilian in all those years. Go figure.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #263  
And it is so hard to catch the criminals in the first place. A shooting this week in LaPlace Louisiana occurred at a child's birthday party. There were over 60 kids there from 12 to 17. Nine kids were shot when a feud broke out between 2 different groups. Nine kids were shot. Police arrived. Nobody saw anything. No witneses.
...and on a similar note:
When individuals are also willing to shoot at law enforcement officers and National Guard troops (as happened over the weekend in Minneapolis) why believe they wouldn't shoot anyone/everyone else as well?

Personally one of those other things that I don't get is when people start expecting everyone to assume someone engaged in a violent act doesn't know what they are doing or they aren't doing it with lethal intent (particularly when they start attacking "harder targets").

It's not like it's a sporting event with consenting participants, well defined rules, referees and medical personnel waiting around onsite. If anything attacking some individuals would seem rather like charging into an occupied bear cave and a person doing that most likely knows what they are doing (with intent and appropriate tools) - or they're competing for a Darwin award. Either way they made their choice, the bear didn't make it for them.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #264  
And the British colonists who ruled us made every effort they could to ........wait for it........confiscate firearms

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #265  
...and on a similar note:
When individuals are also willing to shoot at law enforcement officers and National Guard troops (as happened over the weekend in Minneapolis) why believe they wouldn't shoot anyone/everyone else as well?

Personally one of those other things that I don't get is when people start expecting everyone to assume someone engaged in a violent act doesn't know what they are doing or they aren't doing it with lethal intent (particularly when they start attacking "harder targets").

It's not like it's a sporting event with consenting participants, well defined rules, referees and medical personnel waiting around onsite. If anything attacking some individuals would seem rather like charging into an occupied bear cave and a person doing that most likely knows what they are doing (with intent and appropriate tools) - or they're competing for a Darwin award. Either way they made their choice, the bear didn't make it for them.
SF attacker on mayhem stabbing and attacking acquitted even though tons of witnesses and no question acts committed...

Reason is not in right mind.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #266  
The reality is our country was founded on firearms, and even the development of our land after we gained our independece as a new nation was built with firearms as well.

At the end of the day, the United States has really been a violent society as a whole.

I've owned guns pretty much all my life. Never had to shoot at anyone as a civilian in all those years. Go figure.
Same here - and my guns haven't killed anyone either (well, the Mosin-Nagant may have but odds are it was being held by a Russian they were using to kill actual Nazis from the Third Reich)

...the amusing thing about all of this is just how often people don't realize that the concept of restricting which weapons private individuals can buy is a relatively new development (even the National Firearms Act imposed taxes, not prohibitions). Before that it was pretty common for private individuals to be able to buy armaments that were superior to those issued to government troops -- in fact during the Civil war some of the more advanced weaponry used (e.g. Gatling guns) were purchased and donated to the government for use. (side note: almost have to wonder if the Hughes Amendment in 1986 hasn't hindered development of small arms, not much incentive to innovate if there's slim potential for profit).

Would rather seem to imply that something other than the availability of firearms (of any type) is the cause of modern problems......

(and before anyone even thinks of going there by asking about private ownership of nuclear weapons I'm going give fair warning that I'll ask what legislation actually prohibits it as I've looked and have yet to find any that expressly does so .....which would imply the limitation is more the price/cost and the lack of willingness to sell one by the very few who currently can make them since international treaties mostly seem to address government ownership).

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #267  

(and before anyone even thinks of going there by asking about private ownership of nuclear weapons I'm going give fair warning that I'll ask what legislation actually prohibits it as I've looked and have yet to find any that expressly does so .....which would imply the limitation is more the price/cost and the lack of willingness to sell one by the very few who currently can make them since international treaties mostly seem to address government ownership).
18 US Code 832 makes possession of a “radiological“ weapon by someone “without lawful authority“ punishable by up to life in prison.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #268  
18 US Code 832 makes possession of a “radiological“ weapon by someone “without lawful authority“ punishable by up to life in prison.
Thank you .... not quite the full legal wording (which I'm looking at now) as it and 831 have some interesting caveats/conditions in it, but it starts to provide leads to learning.

...and for the record, no I don't wish to own, or make a warhead for my own ownership... just very tired of absurd arms control statements made by those who never bother reading the actual laws.

So another one of things that continually amazes me is how many people argue over interpretations, but never go back to the source material. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
   / Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #269  
SF attacker on mayhem stabbing and attacking acquitted even though tons of witnesses and no question acts committed...

Reason is not in right mind.

Guess I should have clarified that I was intending to mean making assumptions about attackers intent/motivations during the act - not after when the luxury of time and a controlled setting permit more thorough examination of the circumstances.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #270  
I do think at least here with bail cancelation, selective enforcement basically ignoring property crimes, etc it is reasonable to expect more of the same...

Status
Not open for further replies.