Why Does Kubota Orange Paint Fade So Fast?

/ Why Does Kubota Orange Paint Fade So Fast? #1  

Utopia Texas

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650 / Kubota L6060 / Kubota ZD2300
Is it just me? Why do Kubota products orange paint appear to fade so fast? I keep all my equipment in a barn and have no problems but two of my neighbors have Orange tractors that have turned a orangey pink color. I was at the local dealership yesterday looking at a 0 hours 2016 B2650 with cab and the fenders are already partially white and dulled out. A B2650 with cab will be my first Kubota buy and I assume I'll have to be more careful than usual with the paint.
Thanks....

/ Why Does Kubota Orange Paint Fade So Fast? #2  
I've been told (and have observed) that the red pigment is the most likely to fade unless you get the really high quality pigment which is also $$$$$$$. Some of the colors on cars have an additional cost, red is usually one of those, because of that.

/ Why Does Kubota Orange Paint Fade So Fast? #3  
Yep, ours fade badly as well. My dad bought a new M125 a few years back and it looks terrible. The UV stabilizers don't seem to be working properly.

/ Why Does Kubota Orange Paint Fade So Fast? #4  
Most all tractors of all brands fade over time. Kubota shows more because of the color. One reason is tractors don't have the quality of paint that is used on cars and trucks. They don't use clear coat to protect the paint and keep the shine.

/ Why Does Kubota Orange Paint Fade So Fast?
The rear fenders on the B2650 Cab are only about 4" wide and look to be molded plastic where the orange color is blended into the plastic and not painted. I was dissapointed at how chalky white they had become for a newer tractor. I suppose someone could mask off the area and actually paint the fenders but I told the salesman I would never buy something this new that looked this used. I went to another dealership and ordered one I was promised was comming directly from the assembly line....

/ Why Does Kubota Orange Paint Fade So Fast? #6  
Appears Kubota went to using cheaper paint at some point in time. My 19 year old L4200 doesn't look near as bad as being described here. It's not like new, but it still has some shine to the paint.

/ Why Does Kubota Orange Paint Fade So Fast? #7  
What I don't understand is how the front rims can look new and the rear rims are barely orange. The rest looks halfway in between.

/ Why Does Kubota Orange Paint Fade So Fast? #8  
What I don't understand is how the front rims can look new and the rear rims are barely orange. The rest looks halfway in between.
Kubota sources a lot of wheels from vender's and their paint isn't always the same quality as the tractor. Certain ones are worse then others.

I'm suprised at the failing color on the new B, I wonder if they washed it with somthing they shouldn't have? I haven't noticed any problems with the tractors at my local dealerships.

/ Why Does Kubota Orange Paint Fade So Fast? #9  
Sunshine in the early morning and late afternoon is filled with lovely , warm, yellows oranges and reds,
The sun being what it is, and with power beyond comprehension HATES competition, even for for the color of it's light energy and even from something as lowly as a farm tractor.

So..

The sun SUCKS the brilliance of the original Kubota paint right off the metal surface and brings it back to it's self, the sun, where it belongs.

And that is why, Kubota paint fades while John Deere green stays bright and shiny year after year.;

/ Why Does Kubota Orange Paint Fade So Fast? #10  
The brighter the color the easier it is to destroy the pigment. Not sure the molecular reasoning behind it, but bright cors like neons always fade way faster than darker ones.