Why hasn't it been invented???

/ Why hasn't it been invented??? #22  
I suppose the set it and forget it method works well when you are running 1 implement such as yourself. Unfortunately most of us run several implements which requires top link adjustments and occasionally the bottom link spread adjustments. That's why I can appreciate the "Walmart Special" stick on RV levels. Just stick em right next to the top link and it takes all of about 10 seconds to level things up without guessing. They definitely won't break the bank at a couple of bucks for a pair.

Sounds to me like you are talking about a 3 point attachment on a utility tractor and the OP (I think) is talking about a mid mount mower on a lawn tractor.

If you have a lawn like this you might want the cut a little more even.

IMAG1129.jpg

/ Why hasn't it been invented??? #23  
Dang sparc, that's a lawn a fella could be proud of! I was just about to post a thread in the "Rural" section about what you do to keep your lawn nice.... thanks for the motivation!

/ Why hasn't it been invented??? #24  
OK ... 4 nuts welded to the 4 corners of the deck at exactly the same place (at height of blades inside ) .... insert 4 long bolts of the same length (height you want to cut grass to).... lower / raise deck till they all just touch the ground .... remove bolts ....

/ Why hasn't it been invented??? #25  
The blades on both my units get out of whack due to a tire on one side not having enough air pressure like the other three. Please include a dash mounted air pressure indicator for the tires ! :)

/ Why hasn't it been invented???
I am talking about a midmount mower. I like the welding of the nuts idea, but can't imagine how i wound get them exactly the same. Plus when I switch between my Gator blades and the regular ones it always seems to be a different height. I don't know if this is normal or not, but I frequently take my deck off to scrape and clean it. It never seems to be level when I put it back on, hence the frustration of leveling. I do always check the tire pressure first though.

/ Why hasn't it been invented??? #27  
   / Why hasn't it been invented??? #28  
I am talking about a midmount mower. I like the welding of the nuts idea, but can't imagine how i wound get them exactly the same. Plus when I switch between my Gator blades and the regular ones it always seems to be a different height. I don't know if this is normal or not, but I frequently take my deck off to scrape and clean it. It never seems to be level when I put it back on, hence the frustration of leveling. I do always check the tire pressure first though.

Not to add anymore sarcasm but if your lawn is that true and without depressions the guide wheels on the front and back of your deck are supposed to be adjusted once you have the deck level and lowered to your normal cutting position.
Taking the deck off and on should not change the hanging height as the rods and clips haven't been changed.
The 48" JD deck I use on the little LS120 lawn tractor has over 1000 hours on it mowing yard, around fence, orchard, etc. and it is very prone
to grass build up under the deck, even when being sure the dew has dried off. Too much accumulation destroys any vacuum effect to lift the grass and it doesn't take long before clumps are being discharged. The deck isn't really that hard to remove but it is much faster, and easier on the back, to jack up the front wheels with a jack made to hold each wheel safely in a cradle. A scraper blade on a 3 foot handle or a hoe makes quick work of cleaning under the deck without removing it.

/ Why hasn't it been invented??? #29  
Sounds to me like you are talking about a 3 point attachment on a utility tractor and the OP (I think) is talking about a mid mount mower on a lawn tractor.

If you have a lawn like this you might want the cut a little more even.

View attachment 383263

Nope, I'd wanna shoot myself for wasting gas, water, money, and time growing a crop you can't sell, eat, or feed to livestock...

JK!

:)

/ Why hasn't it been invented??? #30  
OK ... 4 nuts welded to the 4 corners of the deck at exactly the same place (at height of blades inside ) .... insert 4 long bolts of the same length (height you want to cut grass to).... lower / raise deck till they all just touch the ground .... remove bolts ....

Buying a $7 John Deere blade height gauge is a lot simpler and probably more accurate.