Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms!

/pine

Super Star Member
For the players it is a "work environment"...they should act accordingly...it's not a time or place to display personal political ideals or demonstrations...
That's not what the audience is there for and they should not have to put up with it...

Steppenwolfe

Tractor
Kubota MX5400, 1140 RTV
For the players it is a "work environment"...they should act accordingly...it's not a time or place to display personal political ideals or demonstrations...
That's not what the audience is there for and they should not have to put up with it...
You have a valid argument there; but I venture half of the audience disagrees with you.

Hay Dude

Tractor
Case-IH, Massey Ferguson & Kubota
Last NFL game and NHL games I saw, the audience was overwhelmingly anti-kneeling and pro-national anthem. Many booed the players at the NFL game and loudly sang the national anthem. The hockey players did not kneel.
It was maybe 90-10 pro USA at the NFL game and 99-1 NHL if not 100% pro-USA

Creamer

Elite Member
Tractor
1710 Ford, Versatile 150
I do not know how anybody can say there is systemic racism (there is always a few idiots) in US sports in current times. Americans certainly have no problem cheering for anyone on their team - whether they are black, hispanic, asian, eastern european, etc. it doesn't matter. The American born white guys are definitely a minority in a lot of sports but who cares. We go to watch the athletic contest and be entertained - not to be protested to.