Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms!

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #171  
opinion and observations...
Soccer players generally have to run for 45 minutes without stopping...
NFL defenses tend to get more worn down by the minute after they've been on the field for 10 minutes...

The last couple minutes of hockey games are usually awesome...

MLB players are the real wimps of the pro sports world...if all athletes were clowns...MLB players would be mimes...!

Pro golfers must stay in good physical condition...even minor injuries can limit their ability to make a living...

Basketball would be much more entertaining if they didn't stop the clock so much...forget stopping for fouls etc...just keep the clock running and at the end of the game only shoot fouls if there was an uneven number between the teams...
...having the last two minutes of a basketball game last 15-20 minutes is ridiculous...

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #173  
There is a lot of walking in a soccer match. It is not constant running

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #174  
The most exciting sports event I have seen in the last 50 years (OU/Nebraska, 1970) was a hockey game between two teams of first and second graders...with maybe the one exception of my Grand daughter's first soccer game.

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #176  
I wrote off paying to watch pro sports when the kneeling started. I will come back once it’s banned and the players stand with the audience.

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #177  
I wrote off paying to watch pro sports when the kneeling started. I will come back once it’s banned and the players stand with the audience.

I’ve said this before, but I officiate lots of college tennis. There are many many many non-US kids playing college tennis. There is nothing like college sports in most other countries - so the opportunities are in the US.

At the DIII Championships, the National Anthem was played prior to the matches. Every single player stood up straight, took their hats off and placed them over their heart and looked at the flag until the anthem was complete.

The foreign kids are so happy to be here playing college tennis - they don’t want to be anywhere else.

It was fantastic.

MoKelly

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #179  
It's the padding, it weighs them down. Soccer players always stand.
Nah, they stood just a few years ago. It ain’t the body padding, it’s the padding between the ears that has them confused