Why the rust free Ford was dropped ?

/ Why the rust free Ford was dropped ? #1  

Egon

Epic Contributor
[video]http://www.hiddenmysteries.org/conspiracy/facts/fordhemp.html[/video]

An article on Henry Fords Hemp car. The body panels all contained hemp fibre as well as other fibres. It seemed to work well but was dropped. Today the aluminum P/U body is introduced when other solutions were available at a much earlier time.

Only recently the basic design concept is being used on airplanes with good success. Well, aside from the Mosquito which may have the best airplane of WW 2.

/ Why the rust free Ford was dropped ? #2  
Interesting peek at history. Thanks.

/ Why the rust free Ford was dropped ? #3  
almost impossible to distinguish hemp from the noble weed ( with THC ) ... the southern workers were not productive when they smoked the NW ... the only way to stop them was to ban the plant ( and all variants ) and make it illegal ... remember " reefer madness" ? they were also afraid the younger generation would grow up being less productive ... and other materials were coming on line due to science.

/ Why the rust free Ford was dropped ? #4  
BTW , fiberglass was also used early on to improve the weight and stiffness of vehicles ( especially in Great Briton) ... poor understanding of the properties lead to a lot of structural failures of the pre unibody designs.

/ Why the rust free Ford was dropped ? #5  
[video]http://www.hiddenmysteries.org/conspiracy/facts/fordhemp.html[/video]

An article on Henry Fords Hemp car. The body panels all contained hemp fibre as well as other fibres. It seemed to work well but was dropped. Today the aluminum P/U body is introduced when other solutions were available at a much earlier time.

Only recently the basic design concept is being used on airplanes with good success.
Well, aside from the Mosquito which may have the best airplane of WW 2

Hah. Interesting statement, and a subject for a thread of its own. It's my opinion that there is no such thing as "the best airplane of WWII", for the reason that the planes were designed and built for specific reasons/purposes and some performed better than others, but I wouldn't say that the Mosquito was better than the Hawker Hurricane, only because they were built for a different purpose and used differently.

Did you know that the Mosquito had a tendency to come apart when used in the tropics? Seems bacteria tended to eat the glue.

/ Why the rust free Ford was dropped ? #6  
Rust Free Ford.. There is an oxymoron lol. Im sure big F could find a way to make Hemp rust:laughing:

/Seriously though, Hemp is an amazing renewable fibre, and should be embraced more than it is.. Reefer madness is MADNESS!!

/ Why the rust free Ford was dropped ? #7  
I think Cheech and Chong have shown what a great idea the hemp-bodied car is.

/ Why the rust free Ford was dropped ? #8  
If ya ran outta gas along side the road and had to wait for road sewvice, you could always break off a piece of the body and smoke it...:thumbsup:.

/ Why the rust free Ford was dropped ?
Hah. Interesting statement, and a subject for a thread of its own. It's my opinion that there is no such thing as "the best airplane of WWII", for the reason that the planes were designed and built for specific reasons/purposes and some performed better than others, but I wouldn't say that the Mosquito was better than the Hawker Hurricane, only because they were built for a different purpose and used differently.

Did you know that the Mosquito had a tendency to come apart when used in the tropics? Seems bacteria tended to eat the glue.

No, that I did not not know.
There were all kinds of good planes. The Mosquito was just one of the better ones.

/ Why the rust free Ford was dropped ?
If ya ran outta gas along side the road and had to wait for road sewvice, you could always break off a piece of the body and smoke it...:thumbsup:.

Well maybe but you'd a had to suck on a lot of other stuff as well as the hemp fiber strands. You might of gotten a high but of a much different nature than you may have wished.