Wiarton Willy makes his Ground Hog Day prediction

/ Wiarton Willy makes his Ground Hog Day prediction #1  

Johnny g

Silver Member
Tractor
Universal 445
Willy says winter is over, no shadow, I live about 17 kms away and it looks a lot like winter is thriving here, so a shadow means 6 more weeks, I think no shadow means 5 weeks and 6 days, he gets free room and board for this all year long,:groundhog::confused: enjoy the rest of what ever it is.
Johnny G.

Last edited:
   / Wiarton Willy makes his Ground Hog Day prediction #4  
They say, these critters are wrong 60% of the time. So why don't they reverse the shadow thing? I always thought it sounded backwards anyway.

I just heard that now they have one of these groundhogs out east trying to get on this (bring money into our town) bandwagon. Pretty lame if you ask me.

/ Wiarton Willy makes his Ground Hog Day prediction #5  
So why don't they reverse the shadow thing? I always thought it sounded backwards anyway.

Agree, if he sees his shadow that would indicate the Sun is shining and therefore less Winter not more. :confused2:

/ Wiarton Willy makes his Ground Hog Day prediction
They say, these critters are wrong 60% of the time. So why don't they reverse the shadow thing? I always thought it sounded backwards anyway.

I just heard that now they have one of these groundhogs out east trying to get on this (bring money into our town) bandwagon. Pretty lame if you ask me.
What's wrong with bringing money into a town , we all know the prediction means nothing but it's kinda like a winter carnival with a different name. It definitely is a commercial event.

/ Wiarton Willy makes his Ground Hog Day prediction #7  
Can't they at least think of their own theme?

Not much of a bandwagon guy. Not much for crowds. Not much for tradition or ritual either. Just like to do my own thing, when I like to do it I guess. Not much for lineups or waiting. I like to eat a meal in a restaurant at three in the afternoon, being the only one in there! Why would I want to go in there when it's noisy, crowded and the service is poor?

/ Wiarton Willy makes his Ground Hog Day prediction #8  
Pretty sure the rule is.....
Sees its shadow, 6 more weeks of winter
Doesnt see shadow.....its a month and a half.

Can't they at least think of their own theme?

Not much of a bandwagon guy. Not much for crowds. Not much for tradition or ritual either. Just like to do my own thing, when I like to do it I guess. Not much for lineups or waiting. I like to eat a meal in a restaurant at three in the afternoon, being the only one in there! Why would I want to go in there when it's noisy, crowded and the service is poor?
In that case let them have their event, it won't matter to you , you won't be there. actually I won't either, I'm not into tradition or ritual but I did just get home from dinner out (at 5:30) and yes it was a little noisy but the service was very good, everyone has there own thing and I'm ok with that.

:
Pretty sure the rule is.....
Sees its shadow, 6 more weeks of winter
Doesnt see shadow.....its a month and a half.
:thumbsup: :groundhog: