Wife and I are going Green with a 4310.

/ Wife and I are going Green with a 4310. #1  

super55

Platinum Member
Tractor
Oliver Super55, John Deere 4310, John Deere 4400, Kubota L2500 (had),
As of today the Mrs and I closed the deal on a purchase of used JD 4310 tractor and a slew of implements. I had my heart set on a 3032/3038e but this deal came up and was too good to pass up. Actually the main reason I bought this was for my wife.

I love my Kubota L2500 and that thing is built like a tank but not the most user friendly tractor for a novice. With a rear pto snowblower, no live pto and only 2 reverse speeds it was more of a ballet that I after years had manage to master. Back up, keep RPM's up, press clutch shift to neutral, dump clutch to keep RPMs up and coast into the snow bank with momentum before applying the brake. You were literally using every hand and foot to blow snow which I must say I did get pretty darn good a doing.

The 4310 is a hydro with a front mount snowblower and with a rear ballast for its snow blowing setup and is all hydraulic controlled from the FEL joystick. I'm hoping that the learning curve will be pretty easy for her to master on this.

I read the reviews and posts on the 4310. Reviews are great and a lot of the posts are all about random issues with no particular "watch out" posts.

/ Wife and I are going Green with a 4310. #2  
Congrats on your new 4310, they are fantastic machines.

/ Wife and I are going Green with a 4310. #3  
Okay you know the rule didn't happen until we see pics

/ Wife and I are going Green with a 4310. #4  
Sounds really cool though

/ Wife and I are going Green with a 4310.
I will definitely get some pics posted for you guys once I go pick it up. I have to wait a couple of weeks until I get back home from my rotation at work. Cool thing is the dealer that was selling it consignment said he would go ahead and do a complete 600 hr service on the tractor with new fluid and filters.

/ Wife and I are going Green with a 4310. #6  
You metioned a "Slew" of attachments, what else die you get with it? Front end loader? Mid or rear mower???? Come on tell us, we are waiting!

/ Wife and I are going Green with a 4310.
You metioned a "Slew" of attachments, what else die you get with it? Front end loader? Mid or rear mower???? Come on tell us, we are waiting!

Ended up coming with a Front end loader, backhoe, Model 59 front mount snowblower, front and rear bale spears, York rake, Back Blade, 3 point fertilizer spreader, and a 10,000# tandem axle flatbed trailer.

I have to admit I'm really excited about the backhoe. With a flatbed trailer now the used farm implement world is my oyster:thumbsup: as I won't be so limited to my immediate vicinity now.

/ Wife and I are going Green with a 4310. #8  
Congrats on the 4310. IMHO, you won't regret getting a 4000 series vs the 3000 series. I love my 4600. I'm waiting for my wet ground to dry out a little before putting the hoe back on and digging out some more rocks and stumps.

/ Wife and I are going Green with a 4310. #9  
Yup sounds like a perfect Slew of attachments! Have fun with all of it.:thumbsup:

/ Wife and I are going Green with a 4310. #10  
Good selection and, if a choice between the 3038 or 3032 and a 4310...well, you bought the better tractor.
Good luck and be safe!