Wife got me a new Husky 550 XP for Christmas!

/ Wife got me a new Husky 550 XP for Christmas! #1  

lpigott

Gold Member
Tractor
BX2200 NH3930 M7060
In the coming year I will be a doing a lot of cutting and limbing young planted pines from land I will be clearing/reclaiming. I have other great saws in smaller and larger sizes, a Huskie 570 and a Echo CS330T. Obviously the Echo, while handy is a top handle climbing and saw and too small for my needs and the bad boy 570 too heavy and overkill for the purpose. I wanted a pro series saw and there is a Huskie dealer 2 miles from my house. The 550XP looked like exactly what I needed. I ordered it with an 18" bar to give me a little more reach than the standard 16" bar. I haven't had a chance to cut with it yet but I love the looks, build and handling of the saw. I think it going to be excellent for my use.

/ Wife got me a new Husky 550 XP for Christmas! #2  
Those are the best type of gifts. You get to order exactly what you want, and the wife gets to happily pay for it.
Sounds like a win-win to me.

/ Wife got me a new Husky 550 XP for Christmas! #3  
Right on!! Those are awesome saws. Enjoy!!

/ Wife got me a new Husky 550 XP for Christmas! #4  
I love my 550xp, and and I bet you will like yours too!

I made it an even BETTER saw, when I switched it over to 3/8" chain!! (16" bar)

standard.jpg

Did I mention that I love this saw?? lol

SR

/ Wife got me a new Husky 550 XP for Christmas! #5  
You will like it. I have a Jonesered 2252. Its not as powerful as yours, but it's awesome.

/ Wife got me a new Husky 550 XP for Christmas! #6  
Great saw. My only complaint is that it wants to flop over sideways if you don't have it on level/flat ground. Darn saw is too skinny/tall.

/ Wife got me a new Husky 550 XP for Christmas!
I love my 550xp, and and I bet you will like yours too!

I made it an even BETTER saw, when I switched it over to 3/8" chain!! (16" bar)

standard.jpg

Did I mention that I love this saw?? lol

SR

I saw your posts before about it. I will try the narrower stock chain first, which will probably work good for me as I will be doing 99% limbing/topping and no bucking to speak off, all on soft woods. I am sure in time I will try different things, can't wait to get it out and broken in.

/ Wife got me a new Husky 550 XP for Christmas! #9  
It is a great saw, love mine, I am unable to bog it down in normal situations. For felling you want the bar/chain combo that cuts the fastest. Next level up a 562 w/20'" or 24" Bar is a giant killer. I have both bars for that one.
Ron

/ Wife got me a new Husky 550 XP for Christmas!
Yeah I already have a nice 570 for felling and bucking larger stuff but it is far to heavy and I am too old to lug that beast around all day, thus the need for the light powerful saw for the high use/handling I will have.