Wife lift (Work platform) build

/ Wife lift (Work platform) build #1  

Underdog57

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS R4041H
Decided to build a carry-all / lift platform with treated lumber. It is 5' x 4' with 3 removable sides, should be approx. 650# when done (should get lighter when wood dries). Copied some ideas from members here on TBN. I will post more when it's done. No safety police please, I know what I should and shouldn't do wth it!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
   / Wife lift (Work platform) build #2  
Interesting, where did you get the metal for the fork channels or did you fab it?

/ Wife lift (Work platform) build
Interesting, where did you get the metal for the fork channels or did you fab it?
It's 3" x 6" rectangular tube from the steel yard with 1.5" angle welded to it.

/ Wife lift (Work platform) build #5  
It's 3" x 6" rectangular tube from the steel yard with 1.5" angle welded to it.

Thanks, we have been thinking of building something like that, but haven't gotten very far. We are looking at adding steel tubing for sides as well as a seat.

/ Wife lift (Work platform) build #6  
Looks very sturdy!

/ Wife lift (Work platform) build #7  
Looks very sturdy

/ Wife lift (Work platform) build #8  
No safety police please, I know what I should and shouldn't do wth it!
I made mine with a truss extension and tilt cylinder. gives me 6 yards floor height, and 8 yards tree trimming height... will start a thread one of these days.

/ Wife lift (Work platform) build #9  
I made mine with a truss extension and tilt cylinder. gives me 6 yards floor height, and 8 yards tree trimming height... will start a thread one of these days.

Please do! I'm curious to see that.

/ Wife lift (Work platform) build #10  
Looks good but adding some wood to the bottom similar to a normal wood pallet would be advisable. The wood on the bottom will help with twisting and racking.
I used the box tubing for sleeving the forks on my platform lift a few years ago, works great.