Wife not happy with all my almost ready projects

/ Wife not happy with all my almost ready projects #1  

Agvg

Elite Member
Tractor
Mf135, Ursus C-355, David Brown 995
Wife's has no real sense for all the value I have in my precious pile of everlasting projects... Suppose I'm not alone with such problems ;) IMG_20190417_101704.jpg

/ Wife not happy with all my almost ready projects #2  
It's just that you need the right/correct tool to finish that project properly.

/ Wife not happy with all my almost ready projects #3  
My wife does not care about MY almost finished projects... However, she gets real annoyed with me not finishing HER projects!!! :laughing:

/ Wife not happy with all my almost ready projects #4  
Wife's has no real sense for all the value I have in my precious pile of everlasting projects... Suppose I'm not alone with such problems ;)View attachment 600690
Are your unfinished projects VISIBLE?
Since buying my "workshops"
outside-shops-cropped.jpg
I've been able to keep most of my projects "under wrap" and get few complaints.
It's just that you need the right/correct tool to finish that project properly.
Ain't that the truth!!
I used to use the "Bronson rock" approach and got many things to work, sort of. But now I prefer to use the "right tool for the job" approach. Which results in many new tools but I have to get them at low prices. Example - I'm going to be putting up new ceilings. So I'm looking for a drywall type lift that will do 8' to 14' ceilings.

/ Wife not happy with all my almost ready projects
My problem is that my wife are somewhat knowledgeable on equipment so she spots a new project and can judge it, so no white lies works..

/ Wife not happy with all my almost ready projects #6  
You actually get to start your own projects? I can't remember the last time that I've done what I wanted to get done, she keeps finding something new for me that absolutely has to be done right away or we will lose money, suffer horribly or affect the happiness of our pets. Right now it's an addition to our house for our female dog to have her own room to have puppies, and a fenced in area with a doggy door through the wall so she can have privacy from the other dogs.

/ Wife not happy with all my almost ready projects #7  
I'm going to be putting up new ceilings. So I'm looking for a drywall type lift that will do 8' to 14' ceilings.

Too bad you're so far away. I have a drywall lift that will raise to 14' I'm looking to get rid of.

Regards,
Duber

/ Wife not happy with all my almost ready projects #8  
Wow, can I ever relate to that...

All other projects on hold at the moment, replacing fence around our fields... my project truck, the extended crew cab (3 rows of seats) has been stalled for over a year... basic vehicle maintenance is falling behind, and being done outside in a gravel driveway due to the truck project taking up the 'work space' in the barn, not to mention the tractor never getting parked inside now... the locust trees/logs harvested for post-n-beam barn build planned are now getting used for fence posts... been running my daily driver truck with a blown head gasket and just dumping a gallon of water in it when needed, crazy that it still runs good and no smoke, just looses coolant somewhere. Wifes Kia SUV needs lower control arms put in... after fence is done, she tells me.

It never ends...

/ Wife not happy with all my almost ready projects #9  
My problem is that my wife are somewhat knowledgeable on equipment so she spots a new project and can judge it, so no white lies works..

That's the beauty of keeping things in shops - out of sight, out of mind.

/ Wife not happy with all my almost ready projects #10  
Just don't ask a woman to help you straighten up. As long as it goes in a box and put away on a shelf, that's all they care about. Try finding the bits and pieces later when you finally want to get at your project!