Will a 240 hood fit a LX176?

/ Will a 240 hood fit a LX176? #1  

Foxgap1

Tractor
John Deere 425 All Wheel Steer
The lower hood on my LX176 is broken beyond repair, but my neighbor has a 240 that has a great looking hood with metal hinges that he is willing to sell me. Can I swap the parts that I need from the 240 to the LX176? I already know that the hoods don't look the same, I am just trying to keep the hood from popping off every time I plow snow with it.

Thanks all, Mark

/ Will a 240 hood fit a LX176? #2  
A good way to find out, is to try it.
Unless someone happens to know with experience (not very likely), no good way to tell without removing your LX176 hood and see how the neighbor's 240 hood fits.
Helpful if you report back and let the TBN members know the answer.

/ Will a 240 hood fit a LX176?
If no one else checks in with a recommendation I'll go over and buy the 240 and see if the parts will fit.

/ Will a 240 hood fit a LX176? #4  
Can you just borrow the hood and see if it fits first, then if it does, pay the man, if not, return it.

/ Will a 240 hood fit a LX176?
Can you just borrow the hood and see if it fits first, then if it does, pay the man, if not, return it.
I think I can go get some measurements to see if the metal hinges will fit the LX176 frame. There is the possibility the 240 hood is longer than the LX176 hood also. I am still looking on Amazon trying to compare the hoods that way also. The 240 is not going anywhere, it has been next to the stone row for about 3 years.