Will a Cable Gate Contain Horses?

/ Will a Cable Gate Contain Horses? #11  
Check out a concrete cattle guard: Farm Products - SI Precast Concrete

We used a 14', it was cheaper than pipe.

P6140105.JPG

/ Will a Cable Gate Contain Horses? #14  
Put a gate in, but don't lock it. Horses can't tell the difference. Thieves are lazy. can open the gate than destroy it. Any damage to the cell equipment is the company's problem, they don't care about your problem.

PS ... install the gate so the weight of the gate swings it closed. Thieves are not so considerate to close the gate after themselves.

/ Will a Cable Gate Contain Horses? #15  
In my experience, I would install a gate. A single cable might subject you to legal action. I was told by LEO and an attorney that I could be sued by anybody who got hurt riding into a single cable gate while on an ATV, motorcycle etc,etc. The single cable can be classified as an attractive nuisance and that's one of the reasons I abandoned my cable and installed a gate. Besides a horse or cow will soon figure it out...........

/ Will a Cable Gate Contain Horses? #16  
You have cold blooded horses? Are they reptilian?

Cold bloods are draft horses. Hot bloods are the ones like Arabians. Warm bloods were bred to carry knights. They have the strength and temperament of the cold bloods and the agility and speed of the hot bloods. Ours are Holsteiners and Hanoverians, named after the region in Germany where they originated.

/ Will a Cable Gate Contain Horses?
In my experience, I would install a gate. A single cable might subject you to legal action. I was told by LEO and an attorney that I could be sued by anybody who got hurt riding into a single cable gate while on an ATV, motorcycle etc,etc. The single cable can be classified as an attractive nuisance and that's one of the reasons I abandoned my cable and installed a gate. Besides a horse or cow will soon figure it out...........

I thought of this issue, but in this case I don't think it would be an issue. Very rural area, few recreational ATVs, highly visable location, and it's Texas where humans are expected to be a little smarter

If you have ever had to put down your horse with a broken leg after a dog ran it through a cattle guard, you would never use a cattle guard for horses again.

I can actually get a cattle guard for under a grand, but those things spook me way more than barbed wire as far as possible injury sources go.

Cold bloods are draft horses. Hot bloods are the ones like Arabians. Warm bloods were bred to carry knights. They have the strength and temperament of the cold bloods and the agility and speed of the hot bloods. Ours are Holsteiners and Hanoverians, named after the region in Germany where they originated.

Ours are Tennessee Walkers. There, I hijacked my own thread posting a horse picture. :ashamed:
DSC00089.JPG

/ Will a Cable Gate Contain Horses? #20  
The horse that ran through the barb wire was a Tennessee walker