Will The Chip Shortage Affect Under 25HP Tractor Production??

/ Will The Chip Shortage Affect Under 25HP Tractor Production?? #1  

Username Taken

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CX2510 HST
I have no clue. Anybody?

I could offer opinions but they would be uninformed and might embarrass me because they would be pretty dumb

So, anybody that knows anything about -- anything...... Will it affect under 25HP Tractor production?

Because, I'm not even sure if the little guys have much of a computer..... Do they? I'm sure they have a little one, but......

/ Will The Chip Shortage Affect Under 25HP Tractor Production?? #2  
For the Gray Market machines - - - NO WAY. :) The Gray Market machines are old school, no chips.

The UTDA tractors that meet strict rebuild+refurbish to new along with upgrades to meet the OSHA safety ROPS, PTO shields and seat belts are going strong.

Yanmar Tractors — Fredricks Importing

Since the late 90s and into the early 00s, chips started in on the new compacts.

/ Will The Chip Shortage Affect Under 25HP Tractor Production?? #3  
All my small ones had instrument clusters, the cluster on the BX25 had some water problems and died so it was replaced. When the new cluster got put in the tractor had zero hours on it....pretty sure there's chips in there somewhere. It's all about how their supply channels for everything.

I took delivery of the M4 because I had to have a tractor, it was just over four months before they got the rear wiper, third function, and rear remote in. The long lead was for the third function which has a chip(?). Either way, it's not just chips it's everything right now coupled with increased demand last year because people moved to the country etc.

/ Will The Chip Shortage Affect Under 25HP Tractor Production?? #4  
How the heck does the 3rd function have a chip? It's a simple solenoid valve.

<25hp machines don't have EFI or ECUs, they're all mechanical FI. Any chips would be very simple ones in the dashboard.

But there's been low inventory at dealers for nearly a year. Seems like as soon as covid started people were buying country places and tractors.

/ Will The Chip Shortage Affect Under 25HP Tractor Production?? #5  
Hard to say really. Drove by the local Bobcat/Kioti dealer today on the way to a jobsite, and they had a PILE of new Kioti tractors sitting out front. I don't think I saw a single Bobcat one, but I only glanced over as I went by.

I imagine it's going to be pretty hit and miss for a while yet.

/ Will The Chip Shortage Affect Under 25HP Tractor Production?? #6  
I have no clue. Anybody?

I could offer opinions but they would be uninformed and might embarrass me because they would be pretty dumb

So, anybody that knows anything about -- anything...... Will it affect under 25HP Tractor production?

Because, I'm not even sure if the little guys have much of a computer..... Do they? I'm sure they have a little one, but......
Hmm. Didn't know about this. Could be why the battery powered stuff is in short supply, probably more chips in them?

/ Will The Chip Shortage Affect Under 25HP Tractor Production?? #7  
my batteries have chips in them. what next.

/ Will The Chip Shortage Affect Under 25HP Tractor Production?? #8  
my batteries have chips in them. what next.

Corner the market of 8N, 2N, 9N, NAA machines. ;) Or mostly anything prior to 1988. Who needs stinking chips anyway.

I have a 1982 with manual levers, switches, and lamps on the dash. Great pre-Y2K machine.

/ Will The Chip Shortage Affect Under 25HP Tractor Production?? #9  
Buy her this
Just add a brush hog and let her go go go go!!!
Brush hog will take care of the small stuff!

willy