Will there be an autumn?

/ Will there be an autumn? #1  

Frankenkubota

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5800, SkidPro 4 in 1, Ratchet rake, SkidPro pallet forks
Seems to me, as am avid weather watcher, that fall and spring are just fleeting memories. Or is it a case of an old man with Polly Anna memories?

I remember summer breaking in NC about 9-15 and we would go into this glorious period of dry sunny weather. The humidity quit and we would go from mid 80s in Sept to 60s in Nov and many times it was a tee shirt at Christmas. I remember the sky, blue, everywhere you looked. Carolina blue.

Now, and it痴 happening right NOW! We go from 90s and miserable to low 60s, wet, cloudy windy and feeling like winter.

Spring is similar, it seems to go from cold and wet to hot, humid and rainy over nite.

Or is it just some old man thinking about the good old days?

/ Will there be an autumn? #2  
Maybe it's older we get the slower we become and the more we notice. :confused3:

/ Will there be an autumn? #3  
Frost here this morning. I haven't seen frost this early in some time.

/ Will there be an autumn? #4  
Also little frost this morning 33F.

/ Will there be an autumn? #5  
I think your observation varies from year to year and region. Central Texas just started our fall (autumn) and it was very noticeable. Daytime was running a hot 103F in August, now sees mid 80F in day and a wonderful 58F at night. Definitely a nice time of the year to be in Texas.

/ Will there be an autumn? #7  
In the Poconos (northeastern Pa) it is getting to the point we have summer and winter. There is about a week of spring and a week of fall.

/ Will there be an autumn? #9  
Good time to be in Kentucky. Cool nights with sunny comfortable days. Fall can be wonderful here.

/ Will there be an autumn? #10  
:)I agree with you Messmaker. I'm about ready to fire up the wood stove. It's been sunny and in the 70s all day and 58 now. Wonderful!!!!:thumbsup: