Will this connector give me issue when trying to remove it?

/ Will this connector give me issue when trying to remove it? #1  

SylvainG

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti LK30
So I'll need to disconnect this hose to reconnect it to a T afterward. It's the loader return to tank hose. I think it has a swivel connector but it seems to have aged quite a bit and not sure if it will be an issue to remove. Will it give problem? Is there something I can put over it to loosen it?

1619892714359.png

Thanks

/ Will this connector give me issue when trying to remove it? #2  
I would spray it with some penetrating oil and let it sit some time. Should help a little bit I think.

/ Will this connector give me issue when trying to remove it? #3  
Should be fine, just use two wrenches. No pressure build up on a return line.

/ Will this connector give me issue when trying to remove it? #4  
Looks like the salt water corrosion I used to get on my sailboat. No big problem with the metal of fittings, but the corrosion itself was sort of like hardened glue.

What I would do is dribble some boiling water on it to dissolve the corrosion while using a little wire brush to pick at it & knock off what I could. Then dry it off &put a few drops of penetrating oil on it.
Give it 5 or 10 minutes & then loosen it slowly to allow any unseen corrosion to fall out.

When re-assembling I smear the fitting outer surface with any good natural car wax (good waxes contain carnuba wax) to slow down the same thing happening quite so quickly again.

/ Will this connector give me issue when trying to remove it? #5  
Just in case you're not aware, you have more than one option when you add a tee to the tank return - it's a given that you most likely will want a tee with one female and two male ends, but from your pic you'll probably be happier with a RUN tee, not a BRANCH tee - this

Instead of this

HTH... Steve

/ Will this connector give me issue when trying to remove it?
Thanks all. This is a great place to get knowledge :)

I was thinking of using this T:

https://www.princessauto.com/en/2-nptf-x-nptm-swivel-street-tees/product/PA1000000571

My auxiliary block has a male end on the tank side and I would connect one of the female end to it. The swivel would make it easier to connect it and not hitting the ports around it (ie, not having to turn the T to connect it) On the male end, I would connect the original hose with its swivel connector. The new hose from Princess Auto has a fixed male end so I would connect it to the other female end which also has a swivel.

Last edited:
   / Will this connector give me issue when trying to remove it? #7  
Are you SURE your kioti has NPT threads? Your pic looks to be JIC connections to me. Granted, I know NOTHING about Kioti tractors, other than the sparse info on tractordata.com...

Also, from your pic it seems like a branch tee would be the LAST thing I would do. Even if your connections really ARE NPT, a RUN tee would give you a slightly extended male and a right angle male, so at least ONE of your new tank returns wouldn't change much in the way of hose routing... Steve

Now you got me wondering. I know the line that was added by the dealer where NPT (because that valve is NPT) but on the block side of things, I'll have to check.

Edit: There is no mention of JIC in any of the user, parts and service manuals for the tractor and neither in the backhoe and loader manual. NTP is mention once in all those manual and it's for the auxiliary block relief valve in the service manual.

1619992628060.png

Is there a sure way to tell, beside unhooking the hose?

Last edited:
Well, it does look like this fitting...

1619998817929.png

Except the one below what I circled. It has Teflon tape so, unless that dealer is clueless and added Teflon tape to a JIC fitting, it's a NPT.