Wind Turbine ********. Just opened the mail and seen the plan for three massive units

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Wind Turbine ********. Just opened the mail and seen the plan for three massive units #1  

buickanddeere

Tractor
Deere, several
Wind Turbine ********. Just opened the mail and seen the plan for three massive units rated at 4MW. Known for 3 years that they were coming but not sure where. Located west and upwind of my property. The nearest unit will be 1-1/4 miles away. The other existing turbine development is a 3/4 mile but cross wind/down wind of us. As bad as that is for us, we have 14 neighbours even closer to the new turbines. 5 located at or near the minimum setback distance. They will be pounded extra hard by the sound & vibration. Plus having to look at the eyesores.

Last edited by a moderator:
   / Wind Turbine ********. Just opened the mail and seen the plan for three massive units #2  
Re: Wind Turbine B*stards. Just opened the mail and seen the plan for three massive u

Send me a check for $15,000 a month and they can build one on my property - LOL

/ Wind Turbine ********. Just opened the mail and seen the plan for three massive units
Re: Wind Turbine B*stards. Just opened the mail and seen the plan for three massive u

We get the noise, flashing red lights and flickering sunlight but no $$!

/ Wind Turbine ********. Just opened the mail and seen the plan for three massive units #4  
Say goodby to your birds and other wildlife. HS

/ Wind Turbine ********. Just opened the mail and seen the plan for three massive units #5  
   / Wind Turbine ********. Just opened the mail and seen the plan for three massive units #6  

We get the noise, flashing red lights and flickering sunlight but no $$!
If you got the Big $$ would that change your opinion?

/ Wind Turbine ********. Just opened the mail and seen the plan for three massive units #7  
I think if they were coming close to me, I would try to get them on my property as well. Take the money and buy another place to live.

/ Wind Turbine ********. Just opened the mail and seen the plan for three massive units #8  
About 15 miles east and 18 miles south of me - a VERY large field of wind turbines was created. The report says 58 were erected along a 15 mile corridor. Unfortunately this corridor is within a half mile of one of this areas major N/S roads - I-195. I first noticed this situation yesterday as I was riding home along this road. For those familiar with this area - It starts at Rosalia and goes almost all the way to Steptoe.

WOW! What a distraction to driving. The enormous whirling blades, the flickering, the sound. It is impossible to drive this road and not watch these things operate.

Somebody will soon be hurt by this distraction.

Last edited:
   / Wind Turbine ********. Just opened the mail and seen the plan for three massive units #9  
Personally, I think they create their own form of pollution by ruining vista's and scenery. Just saw a new batch going in on my drive down to the hill country last weekend. Another view ruined.

/ Wind Turbine ********. Just opened the mail and seen the plan for three massive units #10  
It is too bad. We have hundreds here in Kansas and hundreds more being built.
Absolutely ruin the view. They are not producing as much as advertised. We pay to get them built and the utility company sells the power to other states. They win both ways. They do nothing to reduce our rates.

As to the birds, the big ones turn to slow to harm the birds but still they don't look good or sound good.

Status
Not open for further replies.