Wisconsin Farm Technology Days ?

/ Wisconsin Farm Technology Days ? #1  

Cycledude

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS XR4155, Ford 6610, Ford 8n
It was held July 20-22 in Eau Claire Wisconsin.
Just wondering if any other forum members attended ?
There were quite a few different brands of small tractor dealers there but no LS, one New Holland guy said he attempted to get an LS dealership but was told he didn’t qualify because he is a New Holland dealer. He also said that within the next year or so New Holland is supposedly going to break away from LS and start building there own small tractors.
Other than the heat and extreme amount of walking required I thought the show was great ! This was about the 5th time I attended.

/ Wisconsin Farm Technology Days ? #3  
So I remember going to Farm Progress Days in Wis. when I was a kid. Is this the same ,just shined up a bit?

/ Wisconsin Farm Technology Days ? #4  
My LS dealer had a booth there. I think they said they sold 4 tractors.

/ Wisconsin Farm Technology Days ?
So I remember going to Farm Progress Days in Wis. when I was a kid. Is this the same ,just shined up a bit?
Yes pretty much the same thing with a new name. This year it was held on property owned by supposedly the largest Horse Radish farm in North America .

My LS dealer had a booth there. I think they said they sold 4 tractors.
Who is your LS dealer ? The New Holland dealer I talked to said there was no LS dealer there.

/ Wisconsin Farm Technology Days ? #7  
Synergy Cooperative is my local LS dealer.

Booth 431, 432, and 433

Synergy Cooperative is my local LS dealer.

Booth 431, 432, and 433
I do sort of remember seeing Synergy Cooperative stuff there but I didn’t notice any LS tractors but it definitely wouldn’t be the first time I didn’t notice something i should have, I might take a motorcycle ride over there sometime to check them out.
Wow looks like they have 18 LS tractors in stock that’s definitely the most I’ve seen.

Last edited:
   / Wisconsin Farm Technology Days ? #9  
Many years ago my dad would go to all the old tractor shows in Wisconsin. He liked to see all the old equipment as he was a farmer in his younger days. The steam powered equipment was pretty impressive. I never went too busy working. I looked at the LS tractors very impressive. LS expanding getting dealerships all over the country. IMHO LS tractors
with all the standard options vs a Kubota is a much better deal because Kubota is $ 8 to 10 K higher priced and then if you put the standard options the LS has price is way way over priced for the Kubota! Is it true that JD & Kubota make their tractors so that other equipment manufactures will not work on them? Read that some place that JD & Kubota change every couple years so the old equipment won't fit on the new. Yes? No?
For all you Kubota fans: Top 198 Kubota Reviews This can be will all tractors when something goes
wrong but when you can't get parts from a company like Kubota that's very sad news! One web site the
people say Kubota is the worst tractor on the market!
When tractors are working good their tractor is great
but when something goes wrong and they can't get
parts then their tractor is the worst on the market!
Tractors have moving parts and they will wear out
in time but that don't mean the tractor is junk! Sure
its nice to be able to get the part you need the same
day but the way freight has been running it don't happen very often. It only took about 7 weeks to get
a shipment from northern NM to me about a 5 hour trip.

willy

Last edited:
   / Wisconsin Farm Technology Days ? #10  
In central NC they have (had?) an antique farm equipment show where they feature "one shot" engines. Never went myself.

I've never seen or even heard of them until i moved here years ago.

Someday i'd like to see a 1 shot engine.