won’t rev up

/ won’t rev up #1  

nascarrandolf58

Tractor
new holland tc30
got new holland tc30 when it warms up it starts to lose rpm’s and will go dead if you give it more fuel with or without pto engaged

/ won’t rev up
have changed oil and oil filter new fuel filter.new air filter 1120 hrs oil and all filters change annually 2005 model bought new no trouble till now radiator checked regularly

/ won’t rev up #3  
Might be a clogged pickup tube in the fuel tank or debris clogging the bowl inlet. Maybe you can blow backward toward the tank. You could also loosen the filler cap to make sure you are not pulling a vacuum on the tank

/ won’t rev up #4  
Or maybe the seat safety switch. Check the wiring connections. It may not be fuel related.
Another thought is make sure that no gasoline was mistakenly added to the diesel fuel.

Last edited:
   / won’t rev up #5  
Most likely it might be fuel restriction. I would get a cup, shut of the fuel valve on the tank, take the rubber fuel hose to filter, point end of the hose in the cup and open the valve. See if you get a nice and steady stream. if good then I would concentrate with fuel filter bowl and it's discharge hose.

/ won’t rev up #6  
If you are not getting a constant steady free flow of fuel when you remove the incoming fuel line from the fuel filter housing as JC-jrtro & kirkawilson mentioned above, there are 2 things I would check...

If it does not pour out as a fast stream... First thing is loosen your fuel fil cap if it immediately starts streaming out then the vent in the cap may not be working. If that doesn't help leave the fuel cap on loose & use some (low pressure) compressed air & blow back from the fuel bowl delivery line towards the tank & then test flow...

Make sure you have a decent size CLEAN container & let the fuel free flow for a bit to see if it slows down... you can always pour it back in if you use a clean container...