Wood Chipper Death... alleged lack of Warning Signs

/ Wood Chipper Death... alleged lack of Warning Signs #1  

Wagtail

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 4105 / JD Z355E (48" deck)
   / Wood Chipper Death... alleged lack of Warning Signs #2  
sounds like a lot more missing than just the warning sign over here (New Zealand) the health and safety laws are based on your Aussie ones ie an employer must take all reasonable and practical steps to eliminate, minimise serious harm to employees what you to your self on your own property is your worry but harm an employee or visitor to your property

/ Wood Chipper Death... alleged lack of Warning Signs #3  
Our gene pool would be stronger if they stopped putting warning labels on everything.

/ Wood Chipper Death... alleged lack of Warning Signs #4  
To many warning signs means people don't see them after a while.
Also I notice few people stop and read the manual either.

/ Wood Chipper Death... alleged lack of Warning Signs #5  
DSC04495.JPG

DSC00090.JPG

A bit absurd!

/ Wood Chipper Death... alleged lack of Warning Signs #6  
Lawsuit says man would have lived if only the wood chipper he was using had warning signs saying it was dangerous...

Family sues over death of Missouri worker in wood chipper

I guess that I'm doomed as the dealership installed third function block is over some 'Red Warning Label' on my 4105 FEL arm.

You left out the part where it says:

The petition says the machine lacked an automatic shut-off, an emergency stop button or rope, guards, flaps or other methods to protect operators of the wood chipper. It also alleges that no warning signs or instructions were provided with the machine.

/ Wood Chipper Death... alleged lack of Warning Signs #7  
The biggest fear I have with a chipper is clothing. Naked would be the safest. Read about one kid dragged through a chipper by his boot laces!

/ Wood Chipper Death... alleged lack of Warning Signs #8  
Been rumored that is how they disposed of Jimmy Hoffa. Ran him through a wood chipper.....:thumbsup: Whip, chop, blend and puree.

/ Wood Chipper Death... alleged lack of Warning Signs #9  
Probably not the greatest way, for getting rid of DNA. I think you would have to really dislike someone to risk this approach.

/ Wood Chipper Death... alleged lack of Warning Signs #10  
The biggest fear I have with a chipper is clothing. Naked would be the safest. Read about one kid dragged through a chipper by his boot laces!

That's generally how I use mine: just have shoes, full face protection, ear muffs and long leather gloves.

Had mine kick back a hand pruner hidden in some leaves that I somehow "dribbled" into the chute but missed the pruners. That's why I use full face shield and long leather gloves.

Ralph