Wood pellet BBQ smokers such as Traeger ?

/ Wood pellet BBQ smokers such as Traeger ? #41  
Oh It was! Sliced it and threw it on a toasted bun. Usually I make it with a sausage instead of hamburger but I'm trying to watch my health and eating habits. Lol
...next time stuff it with bacon
'???? for your health

/ Wood pellet BBQ smokers such as Traeger ? #42  
I suppose I could but I would have to skip my carrot cake cobbler with caramel sauce and ice cream! Hmmm? 20180329_172103.jpg

/ Wood pellet BBQ smokers such as Traeger ? #43  
I have a Green Mountain Grill. Ribs, steaks, burgers, chicken, and whatever we can think of.

On my ribs I always to a dry rub, smoke them at just under 200 for 6-8 hours, and spritz them will apple juice once an hour. Moist and tender with a nice bark.

IMG_2453.JPG
IMG_2322.JPG

/ Wood pellet BBQ smokers such as Traeger ? #44  
That has me wanting to put a rack of ribs on today!!

/ Wood pellet BBQ smokers such as Traeger ? #45  
   / Wood pellet BBQ smokers such as Traeger ? #46  
Dang this thread is making me hungry and wanting a Traeger.

/ Wood pellet BBQ smokers such as Traeger ? #47  
We've been really happy with our smaller GMG. Had it well over a year now and it's held up really well.

Wifi is a nice feature too if you want to keep an eye on it but not have to be up close to the grill.

/ Wood pellet BBQ smokers such as Traeger ? #48  
Well, we've had our Traeger for 3 years now. Would I buy another? Maybe. Would I buy another pellet smoker? Absolutely. As others have said, it lets you do some really tasty BBQ pork, Ribs, Beef Brisket, and Turkey w/o being an expert. We do a lot of the 3-2-1 ribs (even though I can't follow directions exactly) and pork shoulder/butt for pulled pork. We also own a food (quick service restaurant) business, and our product cooks very well on pellet grills for those willing to try it.

In fact, one of our more frequent customers came in the other day, asking if I heard of Traeger, he just got one.... Told him, welcome to happiness :)

The key (to me anyway) is the digital controller and it's auger control. As long as that's reliable and accurate, any brand can give you good results, everything else aside. And the BBQ community is nothing but welcoming in our experience. Experiment, have fun.

Greg O.

/ Wood pellet BBQ smokers such as Traeger ? #49  
Well, we've had our Traeger for 3 years now. Would I buy another? Maybe. Would I buy another pellet smoker? Absolutely.
Greg O.
Is there a brand you would get instead of Traeger?

/ Wood pellet BBQ smokers such as Traeger ? #50  
I have had my traeger for 10 years. I can't say I've ever had a bad meal on it. I've done almost every recipe in their book and a bunch of others. From a brisket I did that took about 11 1/2 hours, to a 20 minute Papa Murphy's take and bake pizza, you really can't go wrong. I've had gas, charcoal grills in the past. They really can't compare. To make the Traegering i.e. grilling easy and foolproof get yourself a digital remote thermometer and receiver.
I have a buddy with a green mountain and it's very nice too. You really can't go wrong.