Wood pellet smokers ??

/ Wood pellet smokers ?? #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
Purchased a vertical wood pellet smoker from Costco last year turned out to be junk we returned it.I guess you get what you pay for.We are currently looking at this wood pellet smoker model yoder ys480 competition model.There website is The World's Most Versatile Smoker - Yoder Smokers - Made in the USA Anyone have one of these?Any better suggestions?Thank you.

/ Wood pellet smokers ?? #3  
   / Wood pellet smokers ?? #4  
   / Wood pellet smokers ?? #5  
I researched them two years ago. I spent quite a bit of time watching YouTube Video's regarding them as well. Saw an interesting trend while doing that. Many of those BBQ channels had videos titled, "Is the Pit Barrel Cooker as good as advertised" or something like that. It intrigued me enough to start watching those videos. For $299 I bought one. And I love it. I swore I would never use charcoal, but again I love it. Since then I have had four others I know purchase one and they love it as well. Worth a look in my opinion. Truly a set it and forget it. I've done brisket, ribs, tri tip, chicken, Turkeys, you name it. All have turned out very good.

/ Wood pellet smokers ?? #6  
Im smoking 8 lbs of steel head salmon as I type. I bought a master built with 2 doors. Im using guava wood and I keep it under 175 degrees for 5 hours.

Also I have a pan of water in the smoker, and I baste it with honey every hour, I use a paint brush to baste it.

I have done this many times and the propane - wood smoker works the best for us. The propane is just to get the wood going.

YUUUMMM ....

/ Wood pellet smokers ?? #7  
I have had a Traeger Lil Tex, for about ten years.

I really like it. And I use it a lot.

You can grill on it. Many people do. But, it simply doesn't get hot enough to be a good grill. Which would be 600F or better in my book. So, I only use the Traeger as a smoker.

The Traeger is as easy to use as they say. Once you learn to use it, you can leave it alone for hours and not worry. And, if you line the drip tray with foil, there isn't a lot of clean up.

I primarily make beef jerky, which is better than any I can buy. But, I also do, trout, ribs, pork loins, meatloaf, chicken breast, and beans. All are very popular here.

/ Wood pellet smokers ?? #8  
I have the larger 640 model. I love it. Yoder is more expensive but total quality. I've done probably 75+ smokes with great results. If you have specific questions, I am happy to help.

/ Wood pellet smokers ?? #9  
I have been looking at the Yoder 640 competition.

Curious as to what model you got at Costco. My brother got one. Forgot brand. But vertical pellet. He does great with it.

/ Wood pellet smokers ?? #10  
I have the Pitboss 1000 from TSC. Purchased last September end of season sale. Haven't used my Holland Grill since then. Happy with pork tenderloin, chicken breasts, and steaks using a reverse sear.